Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

DQ or no DQ (quick vid)

Those may be intentional shots, but I think its piss poor stage design to make a shooter completely dismount his/her rifle to shoot over a prop. It looks to me that someone with less skills could easily loose control of a rifle. Should have just used a shorter peice of wood.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I'm the RO, its a DQ. You clearly fired a shot when you had no intention or desire to do so. It happens. Learn from it and move forward.

But for it to be a dq it would have had to also fall under something in 10.4.1 - 10.4.6 , right ?

Assuming USPSA rules apply and my 2008 issue rule book is still kosher, and I'm not overlooking something.

Those may be intentional shots, but I think its piss poor stage design to make a shooter completely dismount his/her rifle to shoot over a prop. It looks to me that someone with less skills could easily loose control of a rifle. Should have just used a shorter peice of wood.

You did not have to do it the way I did you could have leaned over and shot from the shoulder but my way was faster.

If I'm the RO, its a DQ. You clearly fired a shot when you had no intention or desire to do so. It happens. Learn from it and move forward.

But for it to be a dq it would have had to also fall under something in 10.4.1 - 10.4.6 , right ?

Assuming USPSA rules apply and my 2008 issue rule book is still kosher, and I'm not overlooking something.

Being a rifle in a 3gun match, I'm not sure what kind of rules there were. But, if the exact same situation happened at a USPSA match, its still a DQ everyday of the week. The gun was unintentionally fired when the shooter was reaching for a magazine. That falls into the "during a reload" description in my mind.

Being a rifle in a 3gun match, I'm not sure what kind of rules there were. But, if the exact same situation happened at a USPSA match, its still a DQ everyday of the week. The gun was unintentionally fired when the shooter was reaching for a magazine. That falls into the "during a reload" description in my mind.

Got it, thanks.

I'm not sure what the r.o. could or did see in this instance, seems like he was behind and to the strong hand side.

• 2 weeks later...