Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Slide Racker

jellyb

If you currently shoot Open with a racker, I think it could be beneficial to standardize your manipulations.

If you don't currently shoot Open with a racker, I would leave it off the Limited gun. I can't have one on a Single Stack or Prod gun, so I'd rather operate all those the same by pinching the front of the slide. Without a scope mount in the way I don't see a need for one...

I had a detonation blow up my pinky, so I now rack from rear serrations, pinching the slide between my thumb and the side of my index finger. Ejection is down (I shoot pistols left handed) and if it were to happen again the hope is it would be away from anybody's eyes or my hand.

Racker on oposite side of gun would probably work reaching over gun and ejecting down and away from my hands but I kind of like my guns to look like guns.

Brazos Zig Racker on my limited pistol. It comes with the ball and detent in the racker itself so its easy to take on and off. Even if you just wanted to use it only for table starts, it definitely helps.

post-5006-0-84277200-1451968813_thumb.jp

post-5006-0-65399400-1451968839_thumb.jp

If you currently shoot Open with a racker, I think it could be beneficial to standardize your manipulations.

If you don't currently shoot Open with a racker, I would leave it off the Limited gun. I can't have one on a Single Stack or Prod gun, so I'd rather operate all those the same by pinching the front of the slide. Without a scope mount in the way I don't see a need for one...

this, specially if you are switching back and forth between single stack and limited on the same caliber.