Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Odd C-More First Shot Accuracy

cbrconst

Using a C-More slide-ride, polymer, click switch, 8 moa, mounted at 90 deg.

First shot after having set for a day or so always off. High left as it turns out. Has been this way for a few months. At start of practice I typically take a few 25-30 yard metric head shots for accuracy. EVERY time, first shot is not there. Second and remaining shots dead on. Everything's tight and thread locked.

Anyone else having this issue? Thoughts?

Has it always done this. Sounds more like the lock up of the barrel and not the sight. Some 1911/2011 guns are typical for this. First round is hand cycled and the remaining rounds are different due to the lock up being from a fired round. Not out of the norm for some guns.

A lot depends on how tight the barrel lock up is. I had a couple of pistols that had done the same thing. Get used to it and be aware of your first shot or send it off for barrel work. It is not uncommon for this to happen, but a good smith may be able to fix the issue. I don't know of a way to overcome the stray first shot. The pistol locks up different with the force of it being fired compared to hand cycling. Make sure all of the screws are tight, which I am sure you already had done.

It's like troupe said more than likely it's the gun My glock did same thing do like I did put one in the mag,shoot and repeat I bet it will shoot a good group like that its something in the lockup with the manual lockup. Then you can either deal with the knowledge knowing the first shot is always off consistently or get rid of the gun. I chose the latter.