Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New ETS Glock Mags (20% off sale)

Southpaw

I received my order yesterday that I placed during this sale. I also ordered some of the 31 rounders just for the heck of it. I've never purchased any of the OEM 33 round mags since they're pricey, but figured what the heck I'll order some of these 31 round mags. Not sure what I'll do with them...I think I now need to buy a 9mm AR B)

All my 22 round mags hold 22, but they're pretty tight. I left them loaded for a few days and now I am able to seat them on a closed slide. It's still not easy though, about the same as with my TTI extensions when loaded to 23.

I'm not planning on selling off my TTI extensions though, they still hold 1 more round and they all work great. I haven't heard how many rounds the 140mm .40 mags will hold, but I'd be shocked if they'll fit 20, more likely 19.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I received my order yesterday that I placed during this sale. I also ordered some of the 31 rounders just for the heck of it. I've never purchased any of the OEM 33 round mags since they're pricey, but figured what the heck I'll order some of these 31 round mags. Not sure what I'll do with them...I think I now need to buy a 9mm AR B)

All my 22 round mags hold 22, but they're pretty tight. I left them loaded for a few days and now I am able to seat them on a closed slide. It's still not easy though, about the same as with my TTI extensions when loaded to 23.

I'm not planning on selling off my TTI extensions though, they still hold 1 more round and they all work great. I haven't heard how many rounds the 140mm .40 mags will hold, but I'd be shocked if they'll fit 20, more likely 19.

Any issues with them dropping free. I spoke with Eddie from ETS and he told me that once the springs loosen a bit they should drop free. They're sitting in my safe now fully

Loaded. I finally got 22 rounds in it. It is very tight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All of mine would drop free once downloaded one or two rounds (20 or 21). I don't think it's a big deal that they don't drop free when fully loaded...not likely you'll be ejecting a full mag.

I was able to get 22 in mine right away, they were just really hard to seat fully loaded. After being loaded for a few days that improved some.

I totally forgot about this until tonight, but the ETS mags are really tight in some of my mag pouches...which I realized at the last match when I tried putting them in and they wouldn't fit :mellow:. They seem to work fine in some brands of pouches, but not in others...

How're they fitting for everyone else in your mag pouches?

All of mine would drop free once downloaded one or two rounds (20 or 21). I don't think it's a big deal that they don't drop free when fully loaded...not likely you'll be ejecting a full mag.

I was able to get 22 in mine right away, they were just really hard to seat fully loaded. After being loaded for a few days that improved some.

That's what I was thinking about them dropping free. If all the issues get corrected with breaking in I will be excited. I've put off buying the tti extensions because of price. Plus I'm just getting into shooting. Being able to get a 22 round magazine for under $20 is crazy to me. I do like the magpul ones better at this point.

After reading this I went out and tested mine. It seems that if I don't seat them all the way correctly then they don't want to drop free without a slight shake. If they're seating correctly they drop free no problem. With 22 rounds you really have to give them a hard shove to seat on a closed chamber. I'm thinking a minimalist follower design like a grams would free up a little wiggle room.

I bought three of the ETS Glock 19 ten-round magazines (I live in CA) thinking I'd use them for IDPA CCP matches instead of beating up my carry magazines.

Hard to load at first (but that's normal even with Glock 10-round magazines). At first my magazines wouldn't drop free unless I downloaded them one or two rounds. Left them loaded for three days and just checked, they're falling out now though a little sticky.

Going to keep using them for dry fire and see if they get rid of the stickiness entirely.

The ETS mags are very tight in my Comp-Tac mag holders. They seem to work fine in my beater Uncle Mikes mag holder. They seem to be loosening up in the comp-tac holder, so I'll keep checking.

I wouldn't carry them right now, but after some breaking in time and dry fire, think they're fine for comp.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Interesting read... Being on the cheap side I was thinking of buying the 140s and not buying more extensions...

Having said that, do you all have problems with the mags getting stuck, while empty... Going for a reload?

I know the cheap mags they sell at academy aren't very smooth and you have to rip them out of the gun when reloading... They don't drop free.

I'm wondering because, the 140s are already at their limit in size for certain divisions, and without a weighted base pad, it would be pretty annoying to have to rip them out... Being that they have no metal inside besides the spring...they're probably very light.

Might as well buy some weighted base pads for stock mags in that case.

The ETS mags are very tight in my Comp-Tac mag holders. They seem to work fine in my beater Uncle Mikes mag holder. They seem to be loosening up in the comp-tac holder, so I'll keep checking.

I have some Comp Tac mag pouches and none of my ETS mags would fit when properly adjusted for OEM mags. They were super tight and would pull your pants up trying to get the mag out. If I loosen them enough for the ETS mag then OEM mags are too loose. I don't use the Comp Tac for competition though so won't be using them with the ETS.

They work fine in my Ready Tac pouches that I use for competition. I actually only had 3 of those and my back 2 pouches were some old Sidearmor pouches I had laying around (because I was too cheap to buy 5 Ready Tac :)). The ETS didn't work in those either so I ordered 2 more Ready Tac. Now they all match better anyway :goof:

Interesting read... Being on the cheap side I was thinking of buying the 140s and not buying more extensions...

Having said that, do you all have problems with the mags getting stuck, while empty... Going for a reload?

I know the cheap mags they sell at academy aren't very smooth and you have to rip them out of the gun when reloading... They don't drop free.

I'm wondering because, the 140s are already at their limit in size for certain divisions, and without a weighted base pad, it would be pretty annoying to have to rip them out... Being that they have no metal inside besides the spring...they're probably very light.

Might as well buy some weighted base pads for stock mags in that case.

Just testing them at home I haven't had any get "stuck" when empty, sometimes they just hung up a bit so needed a very slight shake to get them to drop free. I think that's improving with some use, haven't tested them enough to be sure. But with the 140mm mags you're likely never going to be doing a slide lock reload; there will probably always be a few rounds still in the mag.

I just tried more of the ETS mags and some Magpul mags today at a match. All of them worked fine and all dropped free; although, I never went to slide lock. The ETS are really nice for being able to see how many round are in the mags, but even with my Ready Tac mag pouches they're a bit tight. The Magpul fit the pouches better, but it's really annoying not having a 10 round indicator hole, I may drill one.

Wanted to update my comment above where I mentioned a problem with the ETS magazines sticking in my Glock 19.

Leaving me loaded for a couple days has done the trick; they drop free without any stickiness when I dry fire even loaded to capacity. Unfortunately, our range is snowed in so I can't confirm their live fire functionality. Soon enough...

I definitely like to be able to see through the mags to see the bullets... How they feed!! That's very cool. But I don't think I would actually buy any because I would be too concerned about how they perform.

• 3 weeks later...

I tested out the 31 round 9mm mags in my JP carbine the other day. Worked flawlessly. A little harder to insert but no feeding issues less than half the price of Glock 33 round mags which I was also using the same day. Love that JP 9mm its a total blast.

Still having issues with mine dropping free. They sent a new spring and I still have the same issue. I believe it's a lemon and the plastic is just weak.

Update, they are sending me an entire new one. I appreciate the customer service. I really want these to work.

Botach just had a special on these. If you bought 4 or more you got them for $12.50 and free shipping. So for $50 I decided to try one of each, Got a G19/G17/140MM/ and the big stick. Figured I could try them in the G19/G17/G17L and the big stick in my Keltec SUB 2000.

Now I know some will say things about Botach but I have had good luck with the few times I have used them and I figure it is only $50 so if I have to wait a bit no problem, they will come when they come.

2713e4a5d6ce503f63d4c9e9a9f838ba.jpg

3221032b133b80c12acdfa2d6efd89bf.jpg

44fe89d2ce5ec1cb0729dd87bcbe0e8b.jpg

Ordered from botach on Jan 20, got a confirmation, had issue with paypal (shouldn't have used, dumb on my part) paid over phone with CC shortly after, received another confirmation Jan 29 saying shipped, arrived today Feb 8.

Ordered two 9mm "22round mags", not the big sticks....

These seem to only hold 18 and that's with the a lot of force, lol... I think these are the same size as stock glock 17 mags?

+1 over stock glock, which is pretty good for the price... But not 22...

I think botach sent me the wrong mags

:(

5b97ecc39fc47d50aaf3d3da5b663caa.jpg

Yup

They sent wrong mags as you can see... Mags fits flush.

P.S. With 18, the first round drags on the way into the gun. It won't feed correctly, better take it out.

(Gold base pads don't add any rounds, just for weight)

Edited by bigbob21

I'm considering buying some of these to use in my production gun. I'm assuming that all of the issues mentioned above are not applicable if the mag is only loaded to 10 rounds. Anyone have any first hand experience?

If you can find the Magpuls for the same price or less I'd probably go with those. They seem to drop free better and they also fit mag pouches properly. The 17 round ETS mags are either very tight or just don't fit in all my mag pouches, depending on which brand. The 22 round ETS mags fit better, but are still tight.

I also noticed an issue with a few of my ETS mags, both the 17 and 22 round mags, where when manually unloading them they would hang up and not feed rounds some of the time. I haven't had a malfunction with them when actually using them in the gun, just when manually stripping them. ETS is sending me some new springs.

Only problem with the Magpul mags is no 10 round witness hole so I drilled one, very easy to do.

I wonder if I swapped out the follower for a 40 follower these would work for 40? Thoughts?

Feed lips would be too narrow. Also OEM followers don't work in these mags.

ETS said they're starting to make G22 mags this week, but 140mm .40 mags I think they said are a few months out.