Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Optic mount screws

jellyb

I have never used anything but red Lock-tite and this was on the advise of my gunsmith. I've never had any problems with it coming loose.

If you need to remove the optic mount you will need to use heat via a heat gun or pin-point micro torch. I've always used a heat gun and it has worked well.

I have never used anything but red Lock-tite and this was on the advise of my gunsmith. I've never had any problems with it coming loose.

If you need to remove the optic mount you will need to use heat via a heat gun or pin-point micro torch. I've always used a heat gun and it has worked well.

THIS! Use red on them and forget about it. One less thing to worry about is always nice. Use blue loctite for other less critical screws such as attaching the scope to the mount, grip screws, etc.

• 1 month later...

You can also use N Primer with the 271 red loctite; a very firm seal. Once set, the material will, with heat, free with heat. At times, up to 450 degrees. Apply the primer to both mating surfaces prior to assembly, product directions are easily followed.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk

Get in the habit of checking all your screws every time you clean it. My experience is very inconsistent. Every screw on all my open guns has come loose at one time or another. Now that I routinely check it's a slight nudge on a random screw here or there. If one is consistently loosening up than I hit it with red Loctite.