Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SJC frame weight in M&P

robertfrade

Just answer the OP's actual question if have experience. He didn't ask to be schooled on the legality or merit of adding the frame weight or berated for asking. He wants to know: #1 if anyone has done it

And

#2 did it work for you?

Edited by wgj3

In testing the concept I used a socket and a 1" scope ring, hung it on the front of my gun and the concept of weighting the pistol like the frame weight does, works well. I have not purchased a frame weight yet but it is on the long list of things I am going to buy.

Wolffy1876: I got your pic, thanks. The gun looks real good.

So, looks like I would need a new holster to use the frame weight. I cant buy a 200 holster and the frame weight all in one go. I would first get the holster. Since uspsa allows the frame weight for limited would a weapon light be legal in place of the frame weight until I can spend the 90 for the weight?

so... I believe I have seen at least one light with the light guts removed and filled with lead used. I think the ruling was something along the lines of lights aren't allowed but if you remove the ability for it to act as a light it can be a frame weight.

Check this thread

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=196886&hl=%2Bvogel+%2Bflashlight#entry2184205

Wolffy1876: I got your pic, thanks. The gun looks real good.

So, looks like I would need a new holster to use the frame weight. I cant buy a 200 holster and the frame weight all in one go. I would first get the holster. Since uspsa allows the frame weight for limited would a weapon light be legal in place of the frame weight until I can spend the 90 for the weight?

Keep a watch on the classifieds. I bought my holster used for 90ish and one for my son for 80ish.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Yes.

Bloody good product on the M&P. Makes tracking the front sight a tad easier for quick shot recovery.

I haven't gotten round to loctiteing the screws yet, which is necessary because otherwise they get undone every couple of dozen rounds in matches. As this is a carry piece too I'm in no hurry to do so.

With a weight installed as shown, the gun fits a stock CR Speed holster. The only caveat is that you use the recoil spring channel instead of the barrel to engage the holster's muzzle stabilizer.
Took third place in an IPSC Standard Division match using one.

13327532_10154264328124700_6171284064996

Edited by Lior