Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

InLine Fabrication 6" LED strip for Dillon 650

do you put the 6" strip on the back post of the press facing towards the front. it seems it's in the way sticking it on the front shinning on the shell plate. at least the light isn't in your eyes. how did you mount yours.

do you put the 6" strip on the back post of the press facing towards the front. it seems it's in the way sticking it on the front shinning on the shell plate. at least the light isn't in your eyes. how did you mount yours.

I mounted mine on the front shining back onto the shell plate (as well as the one that goes in the center of the head). I had to replace the strip on mine (great customer service from Inline Fabrication by the way) and bought a second strip and "Y" and added the second one to the back of the press to shine forward onto the shell plate. I am not lacking for light.

did you use the Scotch Brite pad and alcohol to prep the surface before sticking.

It is a good idea, removes any oils/greases that may prevent adhesion.

I ordered an LED light from Lite Tech. It included an LED for the center hole, and the light strip for the back of the front post.

I was very skeptical at first that it was worth the price. They all seem to be similarly priced.

The quality of the assembly was much more than I expected, as I'm sure Inline Fab's is the same way.

Wow! Was I wrong. One of the better additions I have made to the press.

I have found that with the light strip, and the led in the center hole, there is more than enough light to illuminate the inside of the case for inspection.

Of course I wet needle clean, and the inside of my cases shine line a new car. :D

Besides I need the 3rd station for my bullet feeder. :) :)

I have found that with the light strip, and the led in the center hole, there is more than enough light to illuminate the inside of the case for inspection.

Of course I wet needle clean, and the inside of my cases shine line a new car. :D

Besides I need the 3rd station for my bullet feeder. :) :)

I agree more than enough light in middle. Just another idea I gonna try. Sounds like a good idea. But those in line fab kits are awesome.

Edited by Dirtchevy841