Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Has the RTS2 become the preferential C-More?

Rudukai13

Hi, I posted on the RTS2 before and haven,t changed my mind despite sending one back for repair (early model). The lens is not much smaller, it may seem so because of the shape, but you adapt quickly. Yes, turning the dot on and adjusting may be a little slower but be reasonable, it's not an issue. Turn the brightness up and leave it there and dim if necessary. Yes, the dot isn,t quite as bright as the big scope but again it will suffice for all conditions, really, how much do you need. The pros far outweigh the cons. Size does matter, in this case, smaller is better. It's small, sleek, lightweight, good looking on a nice mount (Cheeley, Arredondo ) or whatever and once it's 100 percent it's obvious, it's the way to go, period. Plus, and this is big, you don't worry about ejecting case issues. Give It a try.

No one is saying anything disagreeing with your points there. But what is the point of a small, light, and pretty sight if it turns off randomly during a match? Might as well have a paper weight. Those are can also be small, light, and pretty.

I think the exasperation shown here reflects how much people want this sight to work. But it still doesn't after all these iterations. I'm still waiting - I really want to switch from a sidemounted serendipity to the RTS but absolutely refuse to pay to be a product tester for C-More.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In addition to commenting just on the poll, can everyone who's had experience with both the original C-More and the RTS2 discuss what you liked about each, disliked, what you'd change on the RTS2 to make it a better option, etc.

I've always used a horizontally mounted slide ride and when I tried the RTS2 I found it to be too high with too small a lens.

This is still the case pure and simple. Until the window size is at least the same as the old slide ride, its at a disadvantage. Look at the pro's guns and it tells the story.

This is still the case pure and simple. Until the window size is at least the same as the old slide ride, its at a disadvantage. Look at the pro's guns and it tells the story.

Like the pro that just won Nationals? Personally, I was curious how long it would take when making the switch and I found it seamless going from upright slide ride to RTS. I can't notice anything about window size and can't tell the difference between the two, it's just a dot and a target.

On the right is an older "auto off" model. On the left is a new one. A visible difference (in addition to screen tint) is the new upper battery contact has a bit of spring built in in addition to the one on the bottom that I suppose should help keep the battery in contact. I understand they made changes on the board too. So anyway I'm trying this one now. The older one was auto off while shooting, went back to the factory shortly after purchase, arrived and was doing the same thing. I put a bit of rubber washer under the bottom spring to tighten the battery contact and it worked after that.

1455304106_zpswhzkjkae.jpg

On the right is an older "auto off" model. On the left is a new one. A visible difference (in addition to screen tint) is the new upper battery contact has a bit of spring built in in addition to the one on the bottom that I suppose should help keep the battery in contact. I understand they made changes on the board too. So anyway I'm trying this one now. The older one was auto off while shooting, went back to the factory shortly after purchase, arrived and was doing the same thing. I put a bit of rubber washer under the bottom spring to tighten the battery contact and it worked after that.

Even on a mount it was turning off? I have had mine for about two or three months now...Use it every monday night and so far no problems..oops should not have said that. Will probably puke now.

So far...I like it

Thanks for pointing this out. It looks like this update was also included with on the SIG Romeo3. I wonder what other updates the Romeo3 might have in it?

neXgU1Ah.jpg

Even on a mount it was turning off? I have had mine for about two or three months now...Use it every monday night and so far no problems..oops should not have said that. Will probably puke now.

So far...I like it

The old one was on a CZ 9mm slide. It failed rapidly (couple hundred rounds or so is my recollection) and right away after coming back from the factory. However, whatever they did with it plus then I put some rubber under the spring made it work after that. I didn't run it much though, having moved on.

Anyway, after talking with a local shooter who knows a lot about RTS2 good and bad I decided to give it a run again.

I like the form factor a lot and the window is good. I'll see how the current gen runs since I'm drinking the kool aid again.

Edited by kernelofwisdom

Alma, what is that Romeo3 mounted on?

That's Romeo3 co-witness riser but the screws are in the same location as the RTS2 so as long as it can fit the extra profile on the front those mounts should work. Springer Precision also has some Romeo3 specific mounts.