Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

dsperman grip vs hogue wraparound

motosapiens

Due to a recent injury, the last joint of my pinkie finger no longer bends. I've been shooting SS, but from holding my cz tac sport, it seems likely that a fatter grip is going to make it easier for me in the future, and help keep my pinkie from poking out on the left side of the gun. The dsperman grips look awesome, but at $150 I'm not sure I'm ready to go that route until I'm sure it's the long term solution. The hogues are only $20 or so.

Anyone have experience with both?

Anyone use the hogue wraparound grips for competition?

Any other ideas I haven't thought of?

I went with the DS Perman grips

I have a bunch of 1911's so I feel your pain with the price

I've got two sets now and would like to put them on all my using 1911's, the safe queens are going to keep the nice wood grips for looks.

Try a post looking for a used set, you never know I got a set about 2 months ago like that (even though it was from a friend) he saw my ad on this forum

good fortune with your hand

• 1 month later...

How tough is the Perman fitting process?

I am one of those people that can't color between the lines, and was able to fit the grips to my STI 1911 in 30 mins or so. Just required a filing the part of the grip that is up under the trigger guard .

The grip tape that Scott supplies is grittier than the 3m deck tape I normally use. At first I wore some sore spots into my hand at the first joint of my middle finger and the palm joint of my trigger finger (after 30-60 mins of dryfire). So i took a file and smoothed off the grit very slightly in the spots that contacted my sore spots. No problems since.

How tough is the Perman fitting process?

I am one of those people that can't color between the lines, and was able to fit the grips to my STI 1911 in 30 mins or so. Just required a filing the part of the grip that is up under the trigger guard .

The grip tape that Scott supplies is grittier than the 3m deck tape I normally use. At first I wore some sore spots into my hand at the first joint of my middle finger and the palm joint of my trigger finger (after 30-60 mins of dryfire). So i took a file and smoothed off the grit very slightly in the spots that contacted my sore spots. No problems since.

Perfect!

• 2 weeks later...

I just got a Trojan after shooting limited for years. I came across the Perman's and I'm definitely interested. Are you running a magwell (techwell, dawson, etc.), perman's with magwell, or regular perman's with no magwell? I'm curious about the perman's with the integrated magwell and how well it works compared to separate magwell/grip setup. Any feedback will be much appreciated.

Edited by txolds442