Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

UPDATE BMT sideway mount (See my previous post )

mikeAZ

Got the BMT Sideways mount for my slideride C-More.... Luckly, BMT sent the left hand mount (I ordered the right hand mount). (I thought they might be interference as I load/reload left handed, see previous post on BMT). . I had the Allchin low slideride C-More on the gun previously and the "dot" always seemed on the "high" side after a holster draw. As Gregg K pointed out, there shouldn't be any problems loading left handed at all. The pictures should show that there is plenty of clearance. Also shown is my 2011 SV gun with the sideways mount (WAY old, second slide and 3rd barrel). On a draw, my eye is finding the "dot" much quicker. Actual shooting will tell the truth?...

A word of caution, The BMT mount required a bit of fitting on my 929....Your's may be fine?... DON'T force ithe bottom of the mount into the S&W top rail slot, you will surly break a screw .... And I had to file the very rear of the mount on a 45% angle as it hit the rear of the frame and would not let the screws (3) line up with the holes in the top of the frame..... Also make sure the bottom of the mount sits in the top recess of the frame (took a slight amount of stoning on the sides for a flush fit... Nothing major)

post-8013-0-99532900-1447172695_thumb.jp

post-8013-0-72111500-1447172707_thumb.jp

Edited by mike NM

Plenty of room for reloads..... Minor fitting was all that was needed.... Just use care . BMT sends Torx screws which you can over power., it would be easy to bust one off in the revolver if you get ham handed????... Ironic?, I installed the BMT and the same C-More as previously used from the same 929 and bore scoped it .... Dang near dead on with no adjustments. Mike

Dialled her in today...I was given a copy of the "side ways C-More adjustment".... I think it came off the "net"... CCW is used for when shooting high to lower dot down and CCW moves the dot from left to right...My eye picks the dot up quicker I believe, we will see????...

I also receive 2 emails from Grab-a-gun, 1 ea. 929 @ $1034 or 64?.....in case your looking?.....