Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Any problem with running Bayou Bullets (coated bullets) through Tanfog

DenverDave

I have heard a lot of good things about Bayou bullets (plus there is a coated bullet company that recently started up in our state). I was wondering what other Tanfoglio owners have experienced with them, and are coated bullets problematic with the polygonal rifling?
How about accuracy? Fowling barrels?

Edited by DenverDave

I use them in all my guns (Tanfo, Glock, Springfield, STI...etc) and really like them. They run good though my gun and my press. Cheap as well. I have never had the coating come off either. Even when I have my tip a little and then I run it into my seat die. It cuts through the coating, but will stay attached and runs though the gun fine. Getting close to 30,000 of them.

Edited by eern

The Bayou bullets are great. I just started shooting a Stock 2 this year. I love the platform. The 147 gr Bayou bullets with n310 or n320 are really nice. N310 is a tad bit softer. Extremely accurate. Quarter sized 10 round group at 15 yards benched is doable. I had an older M&P pro and I wasn't able to come close to that with the black coated bullets I was using. Buy the Bayous with confidence.

Fwiw. I got similar accuracy with a plated berry 147 round nose and n310. I like those because I can load the longer at 1.160 (ikr). No feeding issues. No visable signs of over pressure. I'm still testing this load though. I've only got about 100 rounds down range with this load and I need to chrono.

Probably 20-30K Bayous in Tanfo Stock 2, Lim Pro and previously Glock. 135's now, previously 147's.

I love them. Never tried any others, never saw a compelling reason to change. Donnie took good care of me when we hit a shipping issue (not his fault, shipper screwed it up).

Edited by Beastly