Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

BRASS SCRATCHING ISUE

mro111lland

Not sure if posting this in the right spot, let me know if not. My open gun is an sps vista short, have noticed latley that the brass is coming out of the chamber after firing all scratched up. Have cleaned the chamber even polished it once with some dremal brand polish, If i put a empty casing in the chanber and put pressure on 1 side or the other and move it in and out a few time can see scratches on it, my question is should i worry about it, am not having any extraction isues, should i polish it up some more or just leave it be, i dont want to loosen the chamber up, or defore it

Is the brass affected a new batch or does it happen to all of your brass?

That happened to a new batch of brass I bought once. I didn't do anything about it and figured it was something to do with how the brass was stored on it's way to the shop or something.

The 2nd firing was fine. No scratches.

You need to check your chamber and make sure you don't have carbon build up. I had this happen to a gun once and I blew it off till one day I had a piece of brass stick in the chamber cause the carbon build up was to great and wedged the brass in the chamber. Cleaned out the chamber and then it worked flawless again.