Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cheely Offset Mount

KyalSharpe

Just got myself a cheely offset mount for a new build I am doing. Not going to lie I never really gave the offset much thought. So I am looking to those who have one for some comments on how you find it? Is it vastly different to a standard upright c more?

Thanks in advance guys

After trying one for a while I think it is a good idea and a good mount.

I have Serendipitys on a couple guns and like them, and a Cheely offset that came with another Out of curiosity I thought I'd try the Cheely for a while and if there were any issues take it off and install a DoubleTap mount. Frankly, I thought it might have kind of a funky feeling or affect dot acquisition, but so far...nope. After using it I see no reason to take it off as I can't tell any difference and the offset isn't an issue whatsoever.

Edited by Bamboo

I ran one for two years. When looking at the setup it looks a little strange being off center but when shooting I never even noticed it. It's a great mount, don't give it a second thought.

• 2 weeks later...

You'll get used to in in a hurry. Love having the lower dot and not worrying about brass hitting the cmore causing ejection issues.

Agreed. The mount is the only vert mount I have, looks weird if you look down the gun to look it over but points fine when shooting.

You'll get used to in in a hurry. Love having the lower dot and not worrying about brass hitting the cmore causing ejection issues.

The offset mount does not lower the dot at all. Maybe you are thinking of the 90 degree mount?

Yeah I think you're right sarge. A few guys are confusing the 90 mount or setback 90 mount with the offset mount.

To clarify the offset mount is a regular upright/horizontal mount but offset a little to the left to give a little extra ejection clearance. Other than that it has the same positives and negatives as other upright mounts.

Both my open guns have cheely mounts, and I found myself loosing the dot to the left at first, after a couple of thousand rounds it's there all the time, and no issues with brass getting kicked back into the port, beats 90 degree setups by a mile!