Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cheely or ?

lrdchaos

If you like Cheely, and are interested in Freedom you could always get a CK. After all the C is for Matt Cheely (Cheely Gun Works) and the K is Bobby Keigans (Freedom). Shooters Connection generally has a few in stock at all times.

Just so guys are aware the CK Arms line are semi-custom and is great value considering the internals are the same. Matt Cheely spends about 2x as long fitting his customs all hand-made. To some this doesn't matter and CK arms serves that niche well.

• 4 weeks later...

Numerous smiths build good guns. BUT, some of those smiths also have less than stellar customer service. If you want a great gun and great customer service, even years after the purchase, you want to go with Matt Cheely. He answers emails or phone calls typically any time of day or night(within reason). When my slide cracked(defective from STI) he hand carried my gun home with him, and over memorial day weekend, replaced the slide and had it back to me that same week. That is what great customer service looks like.

This bears repeating. Lots of great smiths, meaning its also important to weigh in just how responsive they are. If it's hard to get a hold of them when they are trying to get your money, just imagine how hard they will be to get a hold of after they have been paid.

Edited by cactusbrew