biglou13

Do you use it?

Do you think it is necessary?

Pros?

Cons?

Does it over work brass?

No

Haven't seen the need (yet)

I've only reloaded and shot about 20k 9mm through a Glock with a KKM bbl of mix brass I pick up after 9 Major shooters.

I've never had bullet setback or a round fail to chamber. I've had two rounds fail the case gauge, but they fit in the bbl. .

For 9mm I use a Redding Carbide sizer Die. Seems to work great.

i do the same and only fail a case gauge when there is an issue with the brass (and not the sizing). I am thinking the Redding die is tighter than some of the alternatives.

I started using it and stopped even bothering with a case gauge. I do lightly lube my brass with one-shot makes it way easier.

It does not eliminate the need to barrel check every round, unless you enjoy clearing jams. Edited by Red Ryder

That's more or less on what I found too, one thing I do notice also though is that the Redding die will CRUSH any 9mm brass that had some sort of damage to it, peeling them like a banana.

I see it on occasion as well but I don't know that it is any worse than most 9mm dies.

Do you use it? YES

Do you think it is necessary? YES, WITH CERTAIN BRASS

Pros? NO SETBACK WORRIES

Cons? NONE

Does it over work brass? NOT FROM WHAT I SEE

What brass are you referring to and why?

i was culling out cbc and aquilla brass, (hate culling) i was getting high rate of FTF. especially on longer bullets. but i dont think this error will be fixed with u die..... FCD maybe...

Do you use it? YES

Do you think it is necessary? YES, WITH CERTAIN BRASS

Pros? NO SETBACK WORRIES

Cons? NONE

Does it over work brass? NOT FROM WHAT I SEE

What brass are you referring to and why?

i was culling out cbc and aquilla brass, (hate culling) i was getting high rate of FTF. especially on longer bullets. but i dont think this error will be fixed with u die..... FCD maybe...

I cull CBC. The brass gets thick closer to the case mouth and tends to bulge when loading 147s (which is most of what I load). Not something a U-die would fix and I'll prefer to not swage my bullets so no FCD either for me.