Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New 9 Major by Advanced Weapons Technology

troupe

Just received my new 9 Major custom build from Don Fraley of Advanced Weapons Technology. I have been around the shooting sports for many , many , years. I have been very fortunate and honored to have shot with, and been acquainted with some very talented shooters. I have shot a lot of different pistols over the years, some good and some great.

I can say that this pistol ranks at the top on accuracy, reliability, and overall fit. It is beyond what was expected. Experienced shooters know the solid feeling when a slide is racked, the smoothness of the round feeding into the chamber, the proverbial icicle break of a awesome trigger job. This pistol has it all.

The technology that has been put into this pistol is not high tech, but technology that has been proven over the years that Fraley has experienced. The four port comp is just plain flat shooting. Some may remember the name of Don Fraley. Don has been around the sport for many years, back in the 90's, Don was D&J Custom Guns as well as D&J Bullets. Many championships had been won with the products of Don Fraley.

You know when all is working in sink when you go down range after sighting in a new pistol and you witness a ragged hole for your 5 shot group. Don is back building open guns and it would well be worth your time visiting Advanced Weapons Technology's web site. The open gun on the site is the one that I am bragging about. Give Don a call and tell him Tommy Roupe sent you, you will be pleased with Don's honesty and no B.S as to what works and what doesn't.

I for one am very glad that Don is back building pistols and rifles, they are worth the very reasonable price that Don builds for.

Earpro and cans. and a face mask for muzzle blast if your RO'ing 9major. Good luck with it, but it's hard upon everything-the metal, your ears, your eyes, and everyone in the vicinity. I was happy to see the numbers dwindle.

I shot open in the early 90's and went away from it. I remember when Jerry started the dot craze and Todd shot the first Para highcap. Saw Virgil and Sandy design a crazy frame that no one thought would work. I shot holes in a barrel long before there ever was something called Poppleholes. Remember when Robbie and Doug was shooting P-9's to be competitive in the new highcap game of open. Tasco was the hot scope, but had to be sent to Florida for bullet proofing by a guy, the Dr. Dot. This gun's builder was there then also, and I met Don in Florida at the FIPT match that drew shooters from all over the world. I had a single stack open gun then, 10 round 38 super, with a Pro Point Tasco that was was doing well for me. I was in the money in 91 and then my hammer started following to half cock. A guy by the name of Don Fraley that had some great looking guns on the table, did not know Tommy Roupe from Adam, but helped me with my pistol, repaired it for free, and said come back and see me later. The rest as they say is history. I have gotten slower and older, but am looking forward to my first match with this pistol. It has been many years since I shot open, but can't wait to get started. As I stated in the earlier post, if you are looking for a great pistol, or just need some work done, Don is tough to beat. Thanks very much for the compliment on my new 9 Major Open Pistol, I will pass it on to Don.