Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

DAA racer single stack mag pouches.

Aircooled6racer

Hello: I received my new DAA racer single stack pouches today from Shooters Connection. These things are really slick. These are the dedicated single stack pouches mag out of plastic. They take less room on your belt than some of the other pouches out there. The tension screw works great but honestly the pouch just holds the mags with no tension and passed the jump test easily. I also bought the Shooters Connection belt and I am very pleased with it as well. Great velcro on it. I would get it 4" larger than my waist size next time to allow for winter cloths and more overlap. With the 2" over your waist size it gives about 6" of overlap. I will take some pics and post them tomorrow. Now just waiting on the new holster mount, magazines and gun to show up. Thanks, Eric

You can use them bullets out if you like, there is a video on the DAA website that shows the mod required. I have been using them for about 2 years or so now, I reckon they as good as any other I have used at around half the price.

The SS racer mag pouches are nice. I can easily reach the 5th mag on the belt (30" waist) with the bullet out configuration. However, it can be hard to tighten the pouch to the belt attachment if you don't have a hole drilled to access the attachment screw in this set up.

Mike

I shoot IPSC classic and use 1 magnet on left hip followed by 5 DAA racers and a DAA single stack magnet pouch behind gun on right side for barney for either minor or major same set up. Probably doesn't help you guy's much as I don't think you can use magnets but you could replace them with pouches I suppose.

Hello: I am using 6 mag pouches. With single stack you may have to do a short reload with only shooting 2 or 4 shots then reloading depending on how the stage breaks down. It is a little easier shooting minor with 10 rounds instead of 8 but not much when you are used to shooting open with 31. I would get 6 pouches. I am also going to use a Blade Tech holster spaced out 3/4" as well. I also installed thumb screws for tension adjustment. This is an expensive setup but buy once/cry once applies here. You can also use your back pocket to store the barney mag or the last pouch. I wish we could use magnets for single stack, that would help on those unloaded table starts. Thanks, Eric

I'm just a newbie, but I carry 7 DAA Single stack pouches on my SS belt. Though with a 34" waist, those last couple pouches are directly in my back! Always great retention and smooth draws!

Hello: I shot a action pistol match yesterday and started with 6 on my belt and one in the gun. Still on a learning curve again with seeing the front sight instead of the dot on my open gun. Reloads from the belt are the best I have ever done. They come out smooth as silk and stay put when I was running. I needed to space the holster out some so I made the aluminum spacers today on the lathe. 3/4" seems perfect and still allows a little so I won't be too close to the 2" limit. For me I would say the DAA single stack mag holders are the best I have used so far with Safariland 771 second and Safariland 773's and then Comp Tac singles. Thanks, Eric