Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

USPSA Production Gun with largest grip?

I also have large hands.

I have the cz sp01 with the rubber grips, which fill the hand and feel better than the flat aluminum ones. The problem is the single action trigger reach. Too short!, I can still work the trigger inside of the first joint for precise shooting, but this is not optimal at all. A more correct trigger position puts a lot of space between trigger finger and frame, and requires more flexibility than comes naturally. With that said, for typical IDPA/USPA use I have adapted reasonably well.

I also have a para pro custom 16-40 for limited class. This is really a pretty good fit. I have shot it just enough to be a bit sad that Para couldn't solve their out of the box reliability problems and make it on their own. Given enough work, these make really nice guns for the big-handed.

The gen 4 glock 34/35s with large backstraps are surprisingly good but the finger grooves suck and will probably need to be ground off (or you will be growing some really big callous's where you don't particularly want them). I think I shoot these better than anything else but removing the finger groves throws you into IDPA ESP. Not sure about USPA production as I shot the 35 limited prior to finding the para.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I also have large hands.

I have the cz sp01 with the rubber grips, which fill the hand and feel better than the flat aluminum ones. The problem is the single action trigger reach. Too short!, I can still work the trigger inside of the first joint for precise shooting, but this is not optimal at all. A more correct trigger position puts a lot of space between trigger finger and frame, and requires more flexibility than comes naturally. With that said, for typical IDPA/USPA use I have adapted reasonably well.

I also have a para pro custom 16-40 for limited class. This is really a pretty good fit. I have shot it just enough to be a bit sad that Para couldn't solve their out of the box reliability problems and make it on their own. Given enough work, these make really nice guns for the big-handed.

The gen 4 glock 34/35s with large backstraps are surprisingly good but the finger grooves suck and will probably need to be ground off (or you will be growing some really big callous's where you don't particularly want them). I think I shoot these better than anything else but removing the finger groves throws you into IDPA ESP. Not sure about USPA production as I shot the 35 limited prior to finding the para.

I have the same issue with the CZ which is why I moved to the SIG P320 with a Large grip module.

• 3 months later...

VZ and LOK make after market grips and from my research different models offer different size configurations. I have read the LOK owner is great to work with and I would assume VZ would be also so if you want to stay with the CZ line of guns give them a call. Best of luck