Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ TacSport 40 best mag extensions for limited

racine

I just got one of these after breaking the slide on my 35. I started with reliable Taylor Freelances on those but loved the easy access of the Dawson's versions. Now with the CZ what company makes them with easy access for cleaning?? Thanks for any suggestions up front. I've read through the CZ topics to page 17 but still can't find a definitive answer. I'm grateful for suggestions.

I love my CZC extensions. I have some with the factory follower and some with the CZC follower. Those with the CZC follower hold an additional round, but seldom lock the slide back after the last round is fired. The factory follower always does. I haven't tried Grams followers yet, but I plan to.

I have CZC's and like them, but I guess my question is what other options are there?

I know TF offers one, and Springer just released a new option in the last few weeks... are the others I'm not aware of?

My CZC IPSC magwell should be here this week and will know 100% if the Springers have any clearance issues.

Scott's stuff is always a GREAT value especially if you order 6 at a time (discount).

I orders 3 with the GRAMS kit (spring & follower) and numbered, it came out to $144.70 (48.23ea) to the door. CZC. like in kind come out to about 57.50 each (with out numbering).

From what I have seen by the mfg. the non factory followers are not intended to lock the slide on a empty mag.

The SP's use a small allen in the rear corner to cause tension and secure the BP from backing off. The TF have the Fort Knox plate, two allens but probably one of the easiest to take off and secure in place (if you worry about tweaking the springs).

JMO

Thank you for sharing your experiences. I agree that the TF are bombproof but a pain to deal with in dusty, gritty ranges. I liked the Dawson base pads but I chose CZ bases based on these recommendations. I just got 3 CZC base pads and springs, IPSC magwell, FO front/adj. rear, Cajun metal trigger and will get the extended thumb safety when they get back in stock. The "medium" aluminum "extra thin" side panels are next as well. Thanks a bunch for sharing.

BTW, CZC strongly suggests I load to SAAMI spec for 40sw. Is that your experience as well??

Best,

Racine

I have CZC's and like them, but I guess my question is what other options are there?

I know TF offers one, and Springer just released a new option in the last few weeks... are the others I'm not aware of?

I checked out Springer's pads yesterday, they are a very clever design and look well made.

racine, when I first started loading 40 for the TS I was told that if I loaded to 1.126" OAL I'd never have a problem feeding. That has been the case with any bullet shape. When I switched to using TC (truncated Cone) bullets exclusively, I experimented with SAAMI length of 1.135". I had no FTFs, but it "felt" like that length was not loading a smoothly. I went back to .126" and everything is slick as a whistle.

BTW, you may want to consider getting an additional mag. I was originally told I absolutely needed four to compete. I only carry three on my belt, as I've never needed more than 2 to complete an official USPSA stage. I use the third as a barney mag/spare. However, on one stage with a mandatory reload, the dirt was do dry and dusty the dropped mag got filthy and would no longer function. I threw it in the bag and pulled out the fourth, so I could still finish the stages with a third mag. I now carry a mag brush in my bag, just in case.

Very sound tips. I do plan on a fourth and fifth mag, just right now. I've loaded for Glocks at 1.25-1.130 for years but I had to ask as I use 180 TC Molys and I'm glad to hear your experience. I may wait to see how the Springers turn out and go from there.

Thanks again,

Racine

I checked out Springer's pads yesterday, they are a very clever design and look well made.

And no modifications needed from CZC IPSC magwell either.

post-54673-0-65465500-1444354336_thumb.j

post-54673-0-15414400-1444354360_thumb.j

post-54673-0-39470900-1444354382_thumb.j

post-54673-0-12061200-1444354409_thumb.j

• 4 weeks later...

Okay now that I've got them I'm having trouble loading more than 17 rounds with an 11 coil CZC Spring in that 140 CZC base pad. Is there a modification I'm missing??? Wow I must be having a senior moment. Does the retainer get used and is the retainer block installed in the back of the mag???

Thanks, I'm out of ideas.

Racine

So with the 140 springer base pad and grams follower how many 40s&w rounds are u guys getting?

With czc bases and followers I am getting 21 in 3 and 22 in a another.

I get 21 loadable in mine without forcing or slamming them, might be able to force 22 but dont see a reason for 1 round.