Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tactical Sport Question

rocket99

The hinge trigger feels a little different than a 1911 trigger, but out of the box a TS trigger pull is under 2# and with a race hammer and minor polishing sub 1.5# is attainable with a VERY short reset. I had a sweet 17oz trigger on one of my 2011s, but after maybe a thousand rounds it started to slam fire, so I changed the spring and now it's crap (as crap as a short travel sub 3# trigger can be :roflol: ), whereas my TS trigger has remained perfect and unchanged for thousands of rounds.

Back to your question, if we're comparing a box stock 1911 to a stock TS, forgetaboutit!

Edited by kneelingatlas

All of my 1911s are custom and have superb triggers. That's what I compare everything to. My TS trigger is crap by comparison. It has an annoying amount of creep and it feels mushy. Plus, the creep is getting worse. That being said, it is still worlds better than any of the stock CZ, M&P, Sig, Glock triggers out there.

Mine may just have been luck of the draw. I shot three of my friends TSs before I decided to buy one, and all of their triggers were better. I plan to have it fixed over the winter. kneelingatlas has a great how to post for doing it yourself. I'll be knee deep in another 1911 build at that point, so I may just send it to Stuart or David. For about $100 or so, they'll do the polishing and make the trigger right. Since it is a pivoting trigger, you can't get the same feel as a good 1911 trigger. If they can make it "glass rod" breaking with no creep like a good Supermatic Trophy trigger, or my custom Buckmark race gun trigger, I'll be happy.

Added later: I should say that I am a confessed trigger snob.

Edited by zzt

From the factory mine is 1lbs 3oz - 1lbs 5oz with no polishing. Yes it is a bit different than 1911 but a hell of a lot closer than any other flat trigger I have felt. My M&P Apex flat trigger was 2.2lbs and not anywhere as nice as the TS trigger. A little creep but I have not even touched the factory setting and wont unless it's needed.

After seeing all the maintenance and issues with 2011's, I picked up a TS due to the stock configuration and reliability. I just added the typical accessories, Grips, Magwel (to be ordered), FO sight and extended base-pads. Still unsure if an extended safety grip reduction will be done.

Everyone that shoots it is amazed at the box stock trigger,.....Typical comment is "WOW" as they look at it and then crack off a string and smile.

Sorry for your issues zzt, but the TS trigger is hardly crap compared to 1911's.

As I own 8 1911's, all have had some trigger work, and are all very clean and crisp, the TS while a little different, but no where in my vocabulary would I even consider calling it mushy.

My TS trigger pull is less than two pounds and I've got an RO with all egw fire control parts and its two pounds too. The RO is a little better but it's not much. The factory TS trigger is phenomenal. A few ppl who've shot my TS couldn't believe how good it is.

I've always said the CZ SAs are the best non-1911 triggers on the planet. The TS trigger is equal or better than most production 1911 triggers, out of the box. And the TS trigger can even be slightly improved. However, the typical 1911 trigger has a ton of potential to make it amazing... you've just got to pay for those awesome trigger jobs.

I shot a friends 9mm, and 2 days later, I ordered mine in .40. I have a great trigger on my Para .40 SS, and the one on the CZ is so close, it's hard to tell the difference.

• 1 month later...

All of my 1911s are custom and have superb triggers. That's what I compare everything to. My TS trigger is crap by comparison. It has an annoying amount of creep and it feels mushy. Plus, the creep is getting worse. That being said, it is still worlds better than any of the stock CZ, M&P, Sig, Glock triggers out there.

Mine may just have been luck of the draw. I shot three of my friends TSs before I decided to buy one, and all of their triggers were better. I plan to have it fixed over the winter. kneelingatlas has a great how to post for doing it yourself. I'll be knee deep in another 1911 build at that point, so I may just send it to Stuart or David. For about $100 or so, they'll do the polishing and make the trigger right. Since it is a pivoting trigger, you can't get the same feel as a good 1911 trigger. If they can make it "glass rod" breaking with no creep like a good Supermatic Trophy trigger, or my custom Buckmark race gun trigger, I'll be happy.

Added later: I should say that I am a confessed trigger snob.

Have you played with the set screws on the trigger? If you are getting more and more creep I suspect one of them is backing out.