Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I received my Delta Point Pro

window2time

Maybe I should go out and buy a couple of new-old-stock original DPs to stash away.

Good luck with that... none to be had just laying around as " new-old-stock" for the last 18 months, I have found 2 from individuals in the last 18 months.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well dang, guess I better hold on to my old DP I so if I ever decide to shoot CO I'll have something to work with. (can't really see giving up my CMore, it just works so much better than the DP, as much as I liked it.)

Maybe I should go out and buy a couple of new-old-stock original DPs to stash away.

Good luck with that... none to be had just laying around as " new-old-stock" for the last 18 months, I have found 2 from individuals in the last 18 months.

We picked up 4 about a month ago, had them on back order for about 6 months

JoeyMac, from where are you getting that the window on the Deltapoint Pro is smaller than on the old Deltapoint? If anything, I think the new one looks bigger than the old one.

"bigger" window... as in bigger than most other popular sights like the fastfire, RMR, and Jpoint. Not as compared to the new DP2.

Ah, I see. You mean that the old DP had the biggest window of the red dots small and low enough for slide mounting, while the new DP Pro is too big and/or high for slide mounting?

Personally I like the look and glass size of the DP Pro, but it could well have been a touch lower in the sight body/base. I will use it frame mounted though, so no worries.

The DP Pro looks like a great piece of hardware and I'd like to buy one, except the price is absurd. Seriously, optics planet is selling these things for 600 bucks! MSRP, whatever that means, is $750. Good grief! I don't think the DP Pro will be able to capture a greater portion of the market until it drops the price. Totally crazy.

• 3 weeks later...

I know my pics aren't the best. I just snapped them with my cell phone. I am hoping they are good enough that you can get a size reference.

This is the new DP Pro next to an RMR. This is an awkward pic since the RMR is on a rifle. I prefer not to use RMRs on pistols as the lens size is too small for me and it is too easy for me to lose the dot. However, I love using them as a backup optic for close targets on my rifles as I never lose the dot as long as I have a cheek weld.

Anyway, you can see that the DP Pro has significantly more lens area than the RMR

i-XnV8qRf-L.jpg

Can I ask what the mount is on the RMR? I want to run the same set up

T

I know my pics aren't the best. I just snapped them with my cell phone. I am hoping they are good enough that you can get a size reference.

This is the new DP Pro next to an RMR. This is an awkward pic since the RMR is on a rifle. I prefer not to use RMRs on pistols as the lens size is too small for me and it is too easy for me to lose the dot. However, I love using them as a backup optic for close targets on my rifles as I never lose the dot as long as I have a cheek weld.

Anyway, you can see that the DP Pro has significantly more lens area than the RMR

i-XnV8qRf-L.jpg

Can I ask what the mount is on the RMR? I want to run the same set up

T

That RMR mount is from JP

Can anyone (with astigmatism) report on how sharp the dot is?

All the other reflex dots I've tried look like oblong blobs.

I have a pretty bad astigmatism and the 2.5 MOA dot looks like a C, almost identical to the Chicago Bears symbol with a little bloom around it. The triangles in RDS, like the Original DP or Mepro, dont work for my eyes and are lopped off.

Can anyone (with astigmatism) report on how sharp the dot is?

All the other reflex dots I've tried look like oblong blobs.

I have a pretty bad astigmatism and the 2.5 MOA dot looks like a C, almost identical to the Chicago Bears symbol with a little bloom around it. The triangles in RDS, like the Original DP or Mepro, dont work for my eyes and are lopped off.

With my astigmatism small dots looks like comma. The triangle in my DP Pro is distinct for me.

• 3 weeks later...