Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

-1 Points down = 1 second?

Peplow530

How can you logically compare a scoring change to PCC?  A scoring change involuntarily effects everyone who shoots the sport. PCC has no effect whatsoever on people who choose to ignore the division. 

A privately owned IDPA imposed the scoring change without any conversation with competitors. USPSA passed PCC through the BOD with plenty of publicity. Any member could make their thoughts known to BOD members or the Beard. PCC is also a provisional division. Joyce stated that she expects no IDPA rules changes for 3 to 5 years. Ain't nothing "provisional" about the scoring change. 

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

25 minutes ago, Brooke said:

How can you logically compare a scoring change to PCC?  

I think the existing data suggests that both issues are a tempest in a teapot. People resist change. 

Edited by IHAVEGAS

11 hours ago, IHAVEGAS said:

I think the existing data suggests that both issues are a tempest in a teapot. People resist change. 

6 hours ago, IronArcher said:

PPC filled a void that will likely attract more shooters.
1point/sec is a solution looking for a problem.

Absolutely true IA! It is a demo of IDPA's arrogant attitude that they can do whatever they wish. So can I. I resigned.

I don't resist change. I fully agree with the addition of PCC and CO in USPSA. I believe both are positive steps, but taken in a way that allows discussion and allows for retraction of those divisions if they prove unsuccessful. 

I have nothing against scoring changes in IDPA, but the excuse for the change defies logic. Increasing the penalty for inaccuracy is fine with me. Make a Mike 10 down if you wish.  Slowing down competitors for non-zero hits makes no sense to me in a sport that emphasizes self defense (incorrectly). Better to hit the bad guy somewhere rather being hit first yourself. Penalize the crap out of a serious mistake (Mike), but don't increase the scoring difference between great and average shooters. That just discourages competitors who are trying to improve.    

2 hours ago, Brooke said:

Absolutely true IA! It is a demo of IDPA's arrogant attitude that they can do whatever they wish. So can I. I resigned.

That is the way a business is supposed to work. Come up with an idea, work hard and take some risk to pursue the idea and build the business, make decisions along the way in the manner that you deem most appropriate. 

Eventually time will tell if your business is going to succeed. You will have ups and downs and you will make some customers unhappy. 

40 minutes ago, IHAVEGAS said:

That is the way a business is supposed to work. Come up with an idea, work hard and take some risk to pursue the idea and build the business, make decisions along the way in the manner that you deem most appropriate. 

Eventually time will tell if your business is going to succeed. You will have ups and downs and you will make some customers unhappy. 

That ignores the fact that businesses try to do things that please their customers. In so doing they ask for customer comments on new ideas. When the overwhelming sentiment is opposed, they avoid the changes. I can't claim that I know the opinion of all IDPA shooters, but neither does IDPA. The vast majority of online comments are opposed to this change. Is that online opinion indicative of the whole population? I don't know, but neither do they. IPDA just does not care what their customers want. That has been proven repeatedly.

1 hour ago, B_RAD said:

Someone should poll here. Ask that only people who shoot IDPA answer. 

Are you in favor for or against the new rule 1 pt = 1sec?

yes

no

Don't care 

Ok, I will.

Too funny...

I've seen this happen several times over the years. A new rule will be put in place, and people start predicting this mass exodus from IDPA membership. It hasn't happened yet. IDPA membership and participation are increasing in most areas. Most of us will simply embrace or adapt to the new rules. Others will leave, and more shooters take their place. The cycle keeps happening...