Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Trigger questions.

Honeybooboo

I've always had glocks. After playing around with m&p'a I want to get one because it seems they've made big improvements to the triggers. They are still heavy though. So I want to drop some of the weight and smooth it out if possible.

I'm reading online that because of the changes not all the apex parts work anymore. So what are people buying nowadays?

Apex FSS and aluminum trigger kit was nice in my 2015 manu. M&P Pro. Only reason I swapped the stock trigger back in was for production rules.

Currently: Stock trigger, Apex Comp spring kit, hard sear, and USB plus some typical part polishing = smooth pull ~ 3 lbs.

Edited by BBQRibs

9mm M&P Pro of 2014 vintage, original trigger was 5 lbs; got it down to 3 lbs with an Apex CAEK. After that I installed the FFFSST kit, leaving in the previous kit's striker spring and trigger return spring. This resulted in a 1 lb trigger before I installed the correct sear spring. Because of sear flutter I installed the sear spring per Apex' recommendation and ended up with a trigger of about 2 lbs.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...