Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

PC 16.40 build

telecat

Thought I post a pic of my USPSA Limited PC 16.40 after a few upgrades. EGW fire control parts, SV billet trigger tuned to 2#, Ed Brown ambi safety, Tomasi slide. Chamber polished and reamed to load out to 1.180" OAL. Thanks to Jeff Abernathy at Abernathy Precision Gun Works for the work

I think next up is a bull barrel.

image_zpsx0t4y3s3.jpg

image_zpsd78wwwaz.jpg

Edited by telecat

Lifeislarge, With the slide I have about $1280 in it. The Pro Customs come with EGW hammers and extractors so it's only the sear that I felt needed replacing. It is in no way anywhere near the build quality of an SVI. I handled a new build from SV today and it was top of the line. I feel it's not as nice as a Sti edge or eagle either. I think the cast frame lets it down some and the barrel and bushing fit could be better as well. That said, I think Para closed the gap a bit to Sti with the PC line. This para lets me retire my old P16-40 signature that I've been shooting in USPSA since 1997. Only time will tell if this one will be as good as the old one is. The old one still shoots great. Both my Pro Customs have run 100% right out of the box but I like to set them up the way I like them.

Marvz, I'm wringing my hands over that barrel. Part of me says grab it since it's pretty much drop in. The other part says buy a kkm and have it really fit for the gun. That will at least double the price of the Tomasi barrel. So yours is working fine in your build?

I have not installed it yet. Figured I'd better grab one while they are still available. As with most Para parts, I fear when they are gone that's it. Did you have to modify the trigger bow to work? I have one of those for another build I'm doing. My current PC has a Dlask trigger, but the mediums are no longer available .

Edited by Marv Z

Marv z, The trigger dropped right in. It did take bit of work to get a slight bit of take up in it. When it first went in we had it set for just over 1.5lbs with no take up. If you touched it, it would fire. Some adjusting and its 2# with just a but of take up. I'm ordering another for my PC 18.9.

How do you get that price on the barrel? I see it for a bit higher that that. I hear you on the parts. When they are gone that's it!

Thought I post a pic of my USPSA Limited PC 16.40 after a few upgrades. EGW fire control parts, SV billet trigger tuned to 2#, Ed Brown ambi safety, Tomasi slide. Chamber polished and reamed to load out to 1.180" OAL. Thanks to Jeff Abernathy at Abernathy Precision Gun Works for the work

I think next up is a bull barrel.

image_zpsx0t4y3s3.jpg

image_zpsd78wwwaz.jpg

Very nice, i'm in the process of rebuilding my P16-40 as well (going bull barrel with caspian slide) just waiting on my boss (aka the wife) to give me the funds : )

mrguns, I completely understand that! I get my parts under the radar!

Ogiebb, when first installed, there was no pretravel all. My gunsmith worked on it a bit and now it has just a bit of pretravel. Just like I like it. The trigger has a bit of up and down play but not near the amount the factory one had.

I will do that fishpinoy27. I have about a hundred rounds trough it since the work was done and will put a few hundred more to make sure I'm 100% gtg before going to a match with it. I have the Medium inset in it now.