Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Need suggestions for Open Gun Holster / Belt

shotgunone

Looks like the CR speed Super High Torque is a popular belt. And lots of choices on holsters. I've been looking at the following holsters - the Safariland 014 holster, the DAA racer, and the CR speed.

Anybody have any experience with Shooters Connection belts - Shooter Connection Ultimate Competition Belt. to be exact.

I'm certainly in the buy once, cry once crowd cause I've done the other and what can I say it's experience.

Do have one question on the CR speed belts. Shooter Connection says to measure your waist and round up then and add 2 inches. CR speed measure your waist the extra is added in. Any good input on that?

Thanks for all the help.

Edited by shotgunone

Hello: The smaller profile of the DAA Race Master holster works better for me. The longer Safailand and CR Speed get in my way. The Shooters Connection belt should be good since Chuck always sells the best items. For belts I always get ones that are bigger since you will be wearing more cloths in the winter. You may want to look at what other shooters are using in your area. You may ask them to try the setup on to see how it fits you. They may even have extra stuff they could loan you. Thanks, Eric

The Ernie Hill MTS belt is unreal. My buddy compared it to his 3 gun belt which costs twice as much and he was amazed at how still Ernies belt is.

Also the universal holster will fit any gun and is a great innovative product.