Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Rob Leatham

• 1 month later...
Of course he had Springfield at $100,000 per year (public knowledge)

I guess I'm mistaken. There was some story somewhere that said TGO's contract with Springfield was renewed for $1,000,000 per year for five years!!!!

They may have gotten their decimal places wrong.

• 1 month later...

It's all about the money. There's no value in paying somebody to shoot. How many fans at a match? How many fans buy equipment based on a shooter? That market is very small. Now take what they pay Rob and they have to get that back in profit. What's a 1911 profit margin? That's a lot of pistols. I can't even see how Springfield makes any $$$'s off Rob. It's more of a prestige thing.

Indy

I don't believe "prestige" is the main reason. Leatham was popular when Springfield picked him up, but he is more of a household name now than ever. I think you will find marketing, promotion, and having Rob involved in R+D,...likely Springfield has gotten their money back :rolleyes: Maybe prestige does have something to do with it. Hell, if I owned a firearms-related company I'd be pretty flattered having him work for me :P

Hey peoples,

I don't mean to sound rude but you guys need to back the F**K off of Robbie! He is the best in whatever he does not to mention he tapes and sets steel! If he is a Master it is only because USPSA doesn't believe in him like I do!

Me and Robbie go way back and let me tell you... He has come a long way since I used to destroy him on a regular basis. I'm not trying to toot my own hoirn but I was good in my day. So, all I'm saying is give him some RESPECT!

ROBBIE FOR PRESIDENT!!!

Your best bud,

Boo

I think its you who is the one that needs to back off...

No one here is even remotely disrespecting Robbie. The thread was started as a joke....chill out and go back to remembering how good you used to be....not to sound rude...

<_<

Profanity in a public forum is low class, even if y ou wish to put other symbols in place of the actual letters only a fool would not understand it. heck a 5 yr old would.

This was a joke to point out a flaw in the classificaiton system. the most successful action pistol shooter of all time is only "master" level by the numbers. it's quite humerous i believe.

Did I mention what great buds I am with Robbie? He actually emailed me once. Twice if you count that email from Kip when I linked to his site without asking...

I now use Rob as a reference on my resume.

For what ever reason it happened, I am glad that it happened.

This is the only time in my life when my name will not only be that close to TGO’s but just on top of his.

It makes me feel like I just won the lottery!

chill out and go back to remembering how good you used to be....not to sound rude...

<_<

Jacob,

Do I sense a hint of sarcasm? I had to defend Robbie's honor as I truly believe in him! Much more so than the USPSA does.

You guys in the USPSA sport today, don't recognize who laid the foundation for practical shooting. Do your homework and come back and see me when you're done.

Robbie forever!!

Your pal and confidant,

Boo

Um....OK. I think we ALL know who laid the foundation, and we all recognize Rob, Brain, and a host of others as something akin to the founding fathers of IPSC. I think the humor of this thread just isn't getting through to some people.

You are rushing to the defence of someone who IS NOT BEING ATTACKED!

That is sarcism you smell in the air.

Um....OK. I think we ALL know who laid the foundation, and we all recognize Rob, Brain, and a host of others as something akin to the founding fathers of IPSC. I think the humor of this thread just isn't getting through to some people.

You are rushing to the defence of someone who IS NOT BEING ATTACKED!

That is sarcism you smell in the air.

TriggerT,

I appologize to you and everyone in this forum. I completely took it the wrong way. You see, Robbie helped me through a very difficult time in my life. He is a true friend. I don't like to see anyone disrespect him. Again, I took it the wrong way and I hope you can forgive me.

VIVA LA ROBBIE!!!!!!

Your buddy and confidant,

Big Boo

trolltrolltrolltrolltrolltrolltrolltrolltrolltrolltrolltrolltrolltrolltrolltrolltrolltroll

rolltrolltrolltrolltrolltrolltrolltrolltrolltrolltrolltrolltrolltrolltrolltrolltrolltrollt

olltrolltrolltrolltrolltrolltrolltrolltrolltrolltrolltrolltrolltrolltrolltrolltrolltrolltr

lltrolltrolltrolltrolltrolltrolltrolltrolltrolltrolltrolltrolltrolltrolltrolltrolltrolltro

ltrolltrolltrolltrolltrolltrolltrolltrolltrolltrolltrolltrolltrolltrolltrolltrolltrolltrol

trolltrolltrolltrolltrolltrolltrolltrolltrolltrolltrolltrolltrolltrolltrolltrolltrolltroll

rolltrolltrolltrolltrolltrolltrolltrolltrolltrolltrolltrolltrolltrolltrolltrolltrolltrollt

olltrolltrolltrolltrolltrolltrolltrolltrolltrolltroll

Closed.

Since it's obvious to all what's going on, let's not take the bait. We all will just have to wait until the Super Mods can deal with the situation in a more permanent fashion.

(I'm as irritated by this as ANYBODY. Believe me.)

Thanks. ;)