Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best bullet profile for a 9mm Open Gun

selecw

If you buy Xtremes in bulk you can get them for $0.067, $0.076 for heavy plate.

The accuracy of the heavy plate is pretty close to MG.

Are all Xtreme HP's heavy plated?

No, the regular plated bullets shoot acceptable groups at 10-15 yards, but look like a shotgun at 25. I can feel pretty confident at 25 yard headshots with the heavy plate, MG JHP blows my mind though :)

If you buy Xtremes in bulk you can get them for $0.067, $0.076 for heavy plate.

The accuracy of the heavy plate is pretty close to MG.

Are all Xtreme HP's heavy plated?

No, the regular plated bullets shoot acceptable groups at 10-15 yards, but look like a shotgun at 25. I can feel pretty confident at 25 yard headshots with the heavy plate, MG JHP blows my mind though :)

From Xtreme's website:

Why have competition shooters used our SPB plated bullets for years?

Because our bullets are always consistently accurate, and the plating remains attached from muzzle to target. Our Hollow Points (HP) and Heavy Plate Concave Base (HPCB) are designed for competive shooters shooting major loads. The thicker plating and base design have enhanced the accuracy on velocities from 1250fps to 1500fps.

Hello: I have been using Montana Gold 115 JHP's for a couple of years. The are very accurate and feed very well. They use a little more powder but that works the comp better. I would try 115,121, 124 and 125's to see what you like best and your gun shoots the best. Thanks, Eric

I've used the 115 gr Zero JHP, old style #125 and new style #135, with excellent results for function and accuracy. Pretty hard to find though. I also shoot the MG 115 gr JHP and they do take just a bit more powder than the Zero's with Silhouette. HS6 loads the same for all. I push them all just a little over 1500fps and accuracy is consistent for all at 1.3-1.5" at 25 yards. They all feed and run 100%.

Hello: The Zero's do take less powder since they have a copper based jacket and the Montana Gold's are a brass based jacket. I know there is copper in both but the Zero's are just a little more slippery (technical term). Try as many as you can to see what you like and what is available. Thanks, Eric.

• 3 weeks later...