Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sig MPX

Nathanb

I just ordered one of those for myself. Glad to see folks like them. I decided to get the pistol brace so I can skirt the SBR issues. Which Geiselle trigger fits on this?

Edited by Thaunk

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You still can't skirt the SBR issue. ATF has decided firing from the shoulder with the arm brace is a no-no. I'm waiting for a Sig collapsing stock. My LGS says it's on the way and should come in next week. My form 1 is pending. I filed it early to get past some of the wait time. The gun is a pistol version with no arm brace. I've had it for 6 weeks and not fired it. I'm waiting for the stock, the approval and to get the lower engraved.

While I'm waiting my LGS has one set up as a SBR in the same configuration mine will be, and I've been shooting it quite a bit. It's set up with an Aim Point and a short fore grip.. It runs great. I'm looking forward to getting mine completed.

As a side note, firing while holding the arm brace on the cheek and off the shoulder appears to be ok. My LGS has asked a couple folks shooting with MPXs with arm braces to leave after seeing them shooting from the shoulder.

Check out this link to the ATF sight about arm braces. https://www.atf.gov/file/11816/download

The stock really completes it imo. My form 1 came back before sig got my stock to me. When did you order the stock? Is it the new style or old style? If you've been waiting for more than a few months you should have him call sig because there is a new version that won't be on back order forever. If you don't call,they'll fill it eventually but had no time table or were in a hurry

You still can't skirt the SBR issue. ATF has decided firing from the shoulder with the arm brace is a no-no. I'm waiting for a Sig collapsing stock. My LGS says it's on the way and should come in next week. My form 1 is pending. I filed it early to get past some of the wait time. The gun is a pistol version with no arm brace. I've had it for 6 weeks and not fired it. I'm waiting for the stock, the approval and to get the lower engraved.

While I'm waiting my LGS has one set up as a SBR in the same configuration mine will be, and I've been shooting it quite a bit. It's set up with an Aim Point and a short fore grip.. It runs great. I'm looking forward to getting mine completed.

As a side note, firing while holding the arm brace on the cheek and off the shoulder appears to be ok. My LGS has asked a couple folks shooting with MPXs with arm braces to leave after seeing them shooting from the shoulder.

Check out this link to the ATF sight about arm braces. https://www.atf.gov/file/11816/download

So obviously didn't know that's a thing. Thanks very much for telling me! I may try and do my first NFA item then.

I hate this thread. Been looking into one of these for a while was starting to lean towards a CZ Evo due to the price and availability of mags but went to my LGS and they had one of these on the wall.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=536787672

I think I'm going to wait till the hype comes down a bit.

• 3 weeks later...

Anybody had issues with their's? Shot mine today for the first time and it was a bear. Had issues with the bolt not going into battery, failure to eject, and trying to double load rounds. Used only sig mags. Shooting 124g and 147g 9mm. Gave it a good cleaning and will be trying again tomorrow.

I bought this for the fact that I wanted the wire collapsible stock like the mp5. There is another company making them but they are 350 bucks. Which is almost double the cost of the one from sig. If I would have known I would have this issue I just would have built or bought a 9mm ar. It's just disappointing at this point

Alma what's the third one look like? I don't want a folding stock. I do t like the look of it

The MPX is one 3 products I love from SIG. That being said, $350 is cheaper then the headache of dealing with SIG. The gun store I moonlight at is a SIG Master Dealer and we have had a nightmare getting anywhere with the SIG and spare or add on parts. If you order the MPX with all the parts no big deal, but spares not going to happen. Which is sad. The other issue is finding a no crap parts list. The website and the catalog are impossible. Even talking to the reps is like trying to get truth from a political. "We have it, but we don't!!! SIG needs to fix the customer service thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would assume at least the factory mag is a Gen 2. I purchased a couple 20 round sig sauer mags separately. I don't know if they're gen 1 or gen 2.

Check this video. SIG doesn't recommend mixing Gen 1 and Gen 2 guns and mags.

Which is funny because when I was trying to track down my stock and I called them they said in 9mm it wasn't a big deal it was the other calibers.

Sig and their customer service is terrible. I know you're a Sig guy alma but man was it painful for me.

Which is funny because when I was trying to track down my stock and I called them they said in 9mm it wasn't a big deal it was the other calibers.

Sig and their customer service is terrible. I know you're a Sig guy alma but man was it painful for me.

That doesn't hurt my feelings. They have a boatload of new product that they are trying to juggle.

So explain this one to me. Freedom Munitions 147g 9mm round nose won't go through. Jams on the first round. A buddy gave me some steel hollowpoint 124g by DT Defense and the gun works perfectly. I shoot the FM in all of my 9mm pistols without an issue.

So explain this one to me. Freedom Munitions 147g 9mm round nose won't go through. Jams on the first round. A buddy gave me some steel hollowpoint 124g by DT Defense and the gun works perfectly. I shoot the FM in all of my 9mm pistols without an issue.

I just shoot their guns and unfortunately the only experience I have is on the Gen 1 which runs all day long on anything I have put in it (granted that is limited to 147gr BBI and 124gr JHP reloads).

I would definitely encourage you to try SIG customer service if it continues to give you issues.

Typically a failure to eject. Called Sig Sauer customer service and they offered to take the gun back if I'd like and look it over. I asked if I should I should send some ammo with it and they said no.

post-57801-0-87795800-1454111561_thumb.j

Those with SBR's... What stock are you going with? I received the sig telescoping stock and was not impressed. It is really short (shorter than the pistol brace) and had some wiggle in it when locked up.

I sent it back..

I am trying to order one of the side folding aluminum ones. I think those feel good and look even better. I wasn't impressed with the feel of the collapsible ones and don't like the looks of the side fold, extendable one.

My second choice is going to be one of Springer Precision's MagPul Yugo adapters. That's probably the most practical choice. http://shop.springerprecision.com/product.sc?productId=369&categoryId=45

I still have the pistol brace on currently. I actually find that fairly comfortable but every time I use it someone is going to be assuming that I am breaking the law (I am not because SBR).