Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sig MPX

Nathanb

Haven't seen many of these around and happened upon one the other day. Since I've been jonesing for a pistol caliber carbine and have been on the fence about what to do coming across this was a sign. I have to call sig tomorrow and order some mags since they aren't readily available except through them and see about a telescoping stock so I can file my form one and get that process started.

8AB54C0A-F83F-42AC-B1CA-C5946ADF8A6C_zps

Took it out today and it's an absolute blast to shoot.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have one as well. Dropped a Timney 3lb trigger in it and I haven't had a single issue. Also replaced the grip with a magpul one and threw a Cmore on the top. Shoots very soft to say the least. Really fun gun but could use a stock. Can would be nice as well.

I ordered more mags and the telescoping stock today. Once e forms starts cooperating I'll file my form 1. Stock is ten weeks back ordered so I'll have it about the same time as my stamp

Well form 1 is in. Wait time is looking like about 110 days.

Edited by Nathanb

• 4 months later...

So here I sit with a tac stamp in hand for an sbr and sig still has not delivered my stock. When I called the other day they said they were filling orders from May and June and I didn't order until August. I also noticed they have no issues sending out the carbines with this stock on it before filling back orders. I think this whole ordeal has really soured me from buyign anymore sig products. If the government is faster Than sigs customer service that's not something I'm willing to deal with again

I received mine about 2 weeks ago. Love it!

Seems to favor the lighter bullets from what I can see. Accuracy with 147gr at 25yrd is good but definitely better with the 115gr. YMMV.

Just installed an Ergo Deluxe grip and SD3G trigger tonight. Will be a few weeks though before I can put it through the paces again.

So here I sit with a tac stamp in hand for an sbr and sig still has not delivered my stock. When I called the other day they said they were filling orders from May and June and I didn't order until August. I also noticed they have no issues sending out the carbines with this stock on it before filling back orders. I think this whole ordeal has really soured me from buyign anymore sig products. If the government is faster Than sigs customer service that's not something I'm willing to deal with again

SIG does have a third adjustable stock that it just released but it looks like it sold out of the initial batch of those. Hopefully that supplier is a bit better at restocking.

Also, Scott Springer is making an adapter for the folding MagPul AK stocks, +10 magazine extensions, and a barrel shroud.

12369011_10206719235873955_4742391531507

Edited by alma

I bought this for the fact that I wanted the wire collapsible stock like the mp5. There is another company making them but they are 350 bucks. Which is almost double the cost of the one from sig. If I would have known I would have this issue I just would have built or bought a 9mm ar. It's just disappointing at this point

Alma what's the third one look like? I don't want a folding stock. I do t like the look of it

Edited by Nathanb

Does the Springer barrel shroud bring the OAL of the barrel to 16" if pinned and welded? Would be an interesting way to turn the pistol into effectively a stampless SBR...

Yes. He will also have it available in his typically array of colors (blue, red, black)

Are these locked breech vs blowback? If so , I would assume the are softer shooting than 9mm AR platform. Anyone shot these side by side with 9 Ar?

It is Sig's version of MP-5, with an AR style operating system. It is cleaner system then an AR platform, but recoil is the same. They are a blast to shoot. They do have an issue with wearing under the charging handle, and sig does not have a (Good) solution to fix it yet. Honestly it is a small cosmetic issue.

• 4 weeks later...

For those interested sig finally got off their ass and shipped me a stock.

D3CEE4BC-1531-4C8A-B52F-56A465C02CA3_zps

D1A8F95F-B1D7-4618-974A-068545F7EBB5_zps

that's where I think this set up shines. it seems like an ideal SBR, like a modern MP5 without the silly high price. I keep thinking about adding to my stamp collection...

The MPX may be expensive, but it does offer ergonomic controls and modularity.

I'll take those features for the same entry price as a Pakistani built HK pistol. I have always wanted an MP5 style gun, but I can justify the cost for what you get other than cool looks and nostalgia.