Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

P320 and FastFire III mount

Lensman

I'm looking at trying the new Carry Optics division and am trying to find a way to mount a FastFire III on a P320. Burris tells me they don't have a mount for that model.

Is there a non-permanent way to mount a red dot on this pistol? Sig tells me that their Romeo equipped model won't be available until Q1 or Q2 2016 or I would just pick that up and be done.

Thanks for any help.

Mike

The dovetail is the same but I am not sure if a P226 mount would work because the shape of the top of the slide is different. I have a P226 mount at home. I'll dig it out and see if the plate will mate up to the P320 slide contour. Might be a couple days before I get a chance to do it though.

Thanks for the info!

The 226 plate matching the profile of the top of the 320 slide is a question I have, too. This isn't happening right off anyway so waiting a couple days is no big deal. Thanks for checking.

Mike

If Sig releases that as a P320R or P320 Romeo, will they have to have it added to the Production gun list, since it's catalogued as a different model, or will it be listed an option for the standard P320?

If Sig releases that as a P320R or P320 Romeo, will they have to have it added to the Production gun list, since it's catalogued as a different model, or will it be listed an option for the standard P320?

I think they would need to get it added to the list. Great looking gun, though I think it would look better without the iron sights.

I figured that would be the case, since they assign a different model identification to just about every variation they make. The Sig approved list is kind of ridiculously long.

Edited by JAFO

That brings up a good point. Right now the rules only allow for slide milling for the optic itself which leaves a question about secondary sights. They aren't explicitly addressed in the rules and given that they are a feature on many of this type of gun I feel that perhaps they should be explicitly mentioned. It does appear that you could not explicitly mill to add a secondary sight you would have to use the existing dovetail or it would not be an option.

As the rules are written you could modify a stock P320 into this configuration and have it be Production legal but a model like this from the factory may have to be added to the CO list before being legal.

• 3 months later...

Any word on the P320 RX? Or even a milled slide without the sight dovetails for the Romeo.

I think it's just waiting on the final release of the Romeo. Bruce Gray said that he thinks this is in a final Production state now so hopefully it will be soon.

This was taken at a law enforcement convention last month:

FbdAuDQ.jpg

Any word on the P320 RX? Or even a milled slide without the sight dovetails for the Romeo.

I think it's just waiting on the final release of the Romeo. Bruce Gray said that he thinks this is in a final Production state now so hopefully it will be soon.

This was taken at a law enforcement convention last month:

FbdAuDQ.jpg

Cool! Thanks.

I've got a full blown "Open" gun but I'm excited to see this come out. I think "Carry Optics" will be a fun division to shoot.

After Single Stack of course.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not sure? Any suggestions on who machines slides with quick turn around time?

AETI milled the slide on my G17 for an RMR and then refinished it. The work wasn't cheap and it took ~a month. However it looks factory new and I was satisfied with the price and turnaround given the end result.