Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Food Suggestions around Sebring/Frostproof

I will be headed down to Frostproof, FL for USPSA Open Nationals from the October 6th - 11th. I will be staying in Sebring.

I'm looking for some good recommendations for food in the area. Whatcha ya got enos!?!

Sebring has most of the food chains: Ruby's, Chilis, Outback, Red Lobster, Olive Garden, Five Guys, etc. Lake Wales is also coming into it's own with some of the major chains. Sebring has the Starbucks...

As far as local fare, there are some gems in Sebring and Frostproof. In Frostproof you've got Roscoes which has good soup and sandwiches and the Orange Grove diner is good.

I have only stayed in Sebring during the Florida Open, so February, when all of the snow birds are down there. So ALL of the restaurants are always crowded at dinner time. On Fri and Sat nights its usually a 90 min wait for a table. No idea what it will be like in October, but just something to think about. You think a small town like Sebring would not be an issue, but it seems like no one in that place stays home for dinner!

• 2 weeks later...

If you are willing to drive north about 25 min there is Peoples BBQ in Auburndale... the best BBQ in Florida... maybe in the U.S.

It's on Dixie highway on the west side of the city...

FWIW

Chuck

I will be headed down to Frostproof, FL for USPSA Open Nationals from the October 6th - 11th. I will be staying in Sebring.

I'm looking for some good recommendations for food in the area. Whatcha ya got enos!?!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...