Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Wide brimmed hats for sun protection

Aggieddad02

So do you guys all wear plugs with these style hats or anyone figured out how to make muffs work? I really don't want to give up my electronic muffs cause my hearing sucks and I have trouble hearing the timer beep with only plugs sometimes, but do like the sun protection.

Peltor tact 6s behind the head.

^^^^^ this. Wearing my Coolibar hats, simply rotate the head loop down.

I wear plugs all day, putting the muffs on only when I shoot my open gun.

I'm surprised more are not choosing the Coolibar line of hats. They are the best I have ever used. Must be too pricy for most.

Checkout Outdoor Research

They have a bunch of different styles. I have the helios and love it, light and comfortable

+1 for Outdoor Research. Their products are well thought out and take lots of abuse. I use their sun hat as well as their long sleeve sun shirt. It is light enough not to make me melt on the hot days but offers sunblock level of protection. They also have a lifetime warranty, which they are great about when you have to call them.

Well, after careful research with the information provided here, I purchased an Outdoor Research Sombriolet Sun Hat. The Tilley is an extremely nice looking hat I just could not go the price. As always thanks to everyone who took the time to respond.

Walter

Check out golf shops for this: http://www.headnhome.com/cabana.html They should be around $50, they retain their shape if you crumple them up are pretty light. They don't flop around. They come in a variety of colors. They cover your ears, back of the neck, etc and the upper section is vented. They have replaceable inserts at the front for sizing. This may be TMI, but I hear most people just wash them in the shower.

My nephew is a teaching pro and wears one everyday in the Florida sun. They last about two years for him. They carry them in his shop for $49.95.

Well, after careful research with the information provided here, I purchased an Outdoor Research Sombriolet Sun Hat. The Tilley is an extremely nice looking hat I just could not go the price. As always thanks to everyone who took the time to respond.

Walter

Let us know how you like it. I'm looking at this one too.