Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

1301 comp

wingnut

Well it is not worth what a new one is for sure no mater how many rounds through it. I do think it is better than the stoeger and I am at $700.00 We will see if he lets it go.

from my experience, you only need the lifter , loading port job and maybe a FO front sight for the 1301,

I just put a tube, good set of sights HiViz front and XS rear, and some loading port work. I think the small cut in the lifter is perfect. No feeding issues and since I have large hands I've never caught my thumb.

I've been running a 1301 for 1.5 years and I like it. That said for the life of me I have been unable to get quads to work. In all fairness some of the problem is me and my technique, but not all of it. Only problem I ever had was my first match with it and it was self induced. I had cleaned it thoroughly before the match and I did not put lube in a spot that needed it on the bolt. Once I got that sorted it has been flawless.

The 1301 is so much better than the Stoeger Not even close.

I have one and you are telling the truth. I have had a allot of shotgun and still have allot of shotgun,,,,, but the 1301,,,,, now that is a shotgun.

Edited by Philip Dedmon

950 for a used 1301 is too much. Mine new was 904. Welded lifters are old news. This is how you can set it up for quads or weak hand. Lifter design courtesy Roberto Vezzoli-number one ranked IPSC shotgun shooter and co-designer of the 1301. The 1301 thread has much more of this.

post-14685-0-92139300-1435097172_thumb.j

Pretty nice. I've decided that a little vertical hump in the middle , just above the follower, helps the second set of shells in a quad split off a hair as you push the first pair in. Rather than just flattening the end of the port. Also smoothing the forearm at the receiver end helps keep shells from catching on the first pass. Eric Eckhardt, who's the fastest 1301 loader I know, uses a stock carrier (lifter). He also has big thumbs and doesn't get caught. I like the slant a lot, carrier never touches my thumb.

Correct. The M3000 was supposed to be a 499 "almost ready for 3 gun" gun. It's not terrible, but the 1301 is the best shotgun out there for 3 gun. I am not even going out on a limb saying that. Some people have some vested interest in the M3000. Choose for yourself.

Personally I like my M3000 (as worked over by MOA) better then my buddies 1301. I also would prefer an M2 over 1301. I'm not saying there is anything wrong with a 1301, I just like inertia guns more.

My suggestion is to go shoot any gun you plan on buying, and don't buy it on what I think or what anyone else thinks. Find which one you like to shoot.

950 for a used 1301 is too much. Mine new was 904. Welded lifters are old news. This is how you can set it up for quads or weak hand. Lifter design courtesy Roberto Vezzoli-number one ranked IPSC shotgun shooter and co-designer of the 1301. The 1301 thread has much more of this.

attachicon.gifIMG_8174.jpg

Jadeslade,

I saw your original post about the Lifter mods you have about 4 months ago? any problem so far? very intrigue with that design