Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Un-loading a Beretta 1301 on the clock

lets say I screwed up and I have 4 rds left in my Beretta. What is the fastest, safest way to dump it in the barrel?

Other than shooting the 4 rds at the last target.

Forgot to say the gun must be completely un-loaded. Nothing in chamber, nothing in tube.

With the safety on. Unless some local club has dinosaur rules in place that say empty only.

In this case after ditching the S.G. we are going downrange to finish the stage with rifle so they want it to be empty.

With the safety on. Unless some local club has dinosaur rules in place that say empty only.

In this case after ditching the S.G. we are going downrange to finish the stage with rifle so they want it to be empty.

thats stupid.

Yep, thats stupid.

However .. if you HAVE to, stick your hand in the loading port, rock the bolt release back, catch the round coming out of the tube, repeat.

Or shoot 4 in the berm really fast, thats probably the fastest.

Yep, thats stupid.

However .. if you HAVE to, stick your hand in the loading port, rock the bolt release back, catch the round coming out of the tube, repeat.

Or shoot 4 in the berm really fast, thats probably the fastest.

That's what I thought but hoped there was another way.

Fix the rules to say if it's muzzle down in a barrel on safe or empty, it's a safe shotgun.

No worries going down range of it as long as no one touches it while people are down range. Finish the stage, reset the stage, then clear it.

jj

No JJ has it right, last man out clears the shotgun on the way back. No reason to hold up the reset as it should follow the shooter forward. By the time the shooter is done most of the reset should be completed on a stage as long as the terrain allows. The best stages not only are good for the shooter but also for the rest of the squad who are resetting. When designing a stage care needs to be taken to make for a good flow that allows the stage to keep on the match schedule without undue burden on the those reseting or the RO's.