Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Firing pin stuck

Mine was happening with the Gen3 piring pin and the Gen 4 firing pin.

In fact, the Gen 4 firing pin locked up almost every time. I think it's the shape of the pin.

But i just put a regular wolf firing pin spring in the gun and the problem seems - so far- to be gone.

Now, the question is what impact it will have on ignition.

The firing pin spring in my gun was cut to about 60 percent of the size of a regular spring.

Edited by tbarker13

I have a tiny, cut down EG light FP spring. The EG FP never gets stuck.

I got a Gen 4 Henning FP today and over a few hours of dryfire pulls it never got suck once. This is with a polished (but no material removed) extended FP block from LRA.

The Henning Gen 3 would get stuck often, with any FP block and spring combo.

I heard henning was trading up pins... if so might do that.

The firing pin return spring is the factory one, uncut.

Also a quick shout out for Last Round Armament. They have shipped out the replacement back plate already.

I just went through the stuck firing pin as well in my new Stock II. I installed a Henning XL firing pin and EG Light Firing Pin Return Spring. Plus a LRA Extra Long FPB safety. I tried every combo with the parts I have and the only combo I could get to work is with the factory firing pin. I could even get the Henning firing pin to stick during install without dry firing the gun. That leads me to believe it's the firing pin.

Whats everbody think?

I'm leaning more toward the spring. The clipped spring definitely is an issue.

Once I switched to the regular wolf spring, the issue seems to have gone away.

Seems that the pin just needs more resistance to avoid going too far down the channel and gettting stuck.

Except mine stuck with an uncut factory spring and the hennng pin. Lost the back plate (firing pin retainer I think in tanfo speak) when it stuck during competition. It now sports the factory pin.

I am going to stick with the Generation 3 firing pin from Henning. Trade up or not, I am not impressed with the Gen 4 firing pin.

WJM

Please elaborate

In my Stock 2 9mm I was running the Generation 4 firing pin. Ran it with Winchester Small pistol, and CCI Small Pistol. Had 2 light strikes out of 40 rounds of each primer in double action. Granted I know these are hard primers and they are practice ammo not match ammo, but while I was at the range I traded back to a Henning XL Generation 3 and the gun ran flawless in double action. I tested 60 rounds Double Action to see if it was the firing pin, and I can confirm the only difference was the Generation 3 vs Generation 4.

WJM

I am going to stick with the Generation 3 firing pin from Henning. Trade up or not, I am not impressed with the Gen 4 firing pin.

WJM

Please elaborate

In my Stock 2 9mm I was running the Generation 4 firing pin. Ran it with Winchester Small pistol, and CCI Small Pistol. Had 2 light strikes out of 40 rounds of each primer in double action. Granted I know these are hard primers and they are practice ammo not match ammo, but while I was at the range I traded back to a Henning XL Generation 3 and the gun ran flawless in double action. I tested 60 rounds Double Action to see if it was the firing pin, and I can confirm the only difference was the Generation 3 vs Generation 4.

WJM

Good to know, maybe the extra wieght of the Gen 3 helps. My Gen 4 has been good last 700rounds WSP.

WJM

Please elaborate

WJM

Good to know, maybe the extra wieght of the Gen 3 helps. My Gen 4 has been good last 700rounds WSP.

Yes for all small pistol primers I have used the Gen 4 has worked. However I like it to smash any small rifle, so when I get to a match there is absolutely no question in my mind that it will set off a Federal Winchester or CCI Small Pistol.

WJM

WJM

Please elaborate

WJM

Yes for all small pistol primers I have used the Gen 4 has worked. However I like it to smash any small rifle, so when I get to a match there is absolutely no question in my mind that it will set off a Federal Winchester or CCI Small Pistol.

WJM

WJM, it looks like your post are contradicting each other as you stated it has worked with all "small pistol primers" in both posts..but had 2 light strikes with them as well? Edited by Prov1x

You're right my apologies. Just to clarify, I had light strikes with Winchester And CCI small RIFLE primers. Traded back to the Gen 3, no issues at all.

To the best of my knowledge the gen 4 firing pin works for all Small PISTOL primers.

WJM

I have a tiny, cut down EG light FP spring. The EG FP never gets stuck.

I got a Gen 4 Henning FP today and over a few hours of dryfire pulls it never got suck once. This is with a polished (but no material removed) extended FP block from LRA.

The Henning Gen 3 would get stuck often, with any FP block and spring combo.

yep. Same here.