Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Beretta 1301 comp questions

Ok guys I just picked up a 1301 comp and I have a couple of quick questions.

I've already got a Nordic tube, but I need to pick up the clamp and since there's one on the classifieds right now I need to know if the Beretta spacing is the same as a Benelli. I tried to look it up, but since I'm using my phone, I can't tell if it's the same part or not.

My second question is the same type, I'd like to put a limb saver pad on it but I am seeing two different part numbers, so I need two confirm which is the correct pad that will fit on the regular synthetic stock, (I do not have the special Beretta shock absorbing stock).

Thanks in advance.

Same clamp...same part. Unless you're running a super long tube I would avoid the magazine tube clamp. Taccom just released a new "free float" clamp which appears to be pretty legit if you need a magazine tube clamp.

The limbsaver you're looking for is the 10702. Great little addition...Enjoy the new shootin' iron.

awesome, thank you! I am going to go ahead and give the Nordic clamp a go - not that I don't think taccom is legit, I just like Nordic stuff, and I leaned how to "regulate" the Nordic's POI shift on my Mossberg 930 and I would like to try the same thing with the 1301.

I just thought about another question, my gun seems to have only have come with one choke with 4 notches and no wrench. So I suppose I should pick up some chokes and a wrench that is compatible with the Nordic extended tube. I think I want extended chokes for ease of changing but otherwise I am open. Actually even which constrictions I need seems the next best thing to voodoo. With my Mossberg, when the choke tubes were five or ten dollars a piece I assembled a whole set, even though I rarely use more than two or three of them. Now that they seem to be 30 or 40 dollars apiece, (or MUCH more) it occurs to me that maybe I only went to pick up the ones that I'm likely to need.

Any suggestions?

Edited by barrysuperhawk

The factory one is pretty good. I added a LM and it throws a wallop on steel. It is a deception to think that extended tubes should be hand tight because they are knurled, you should use a wrench on them also.

Well, I *do* have the "single guy grip strength"...LOL but I get it. My main wish for extended stems more from the ability to change them without needing a choke wrench except for the tightening and loosening - a valuable trait with a mag tube that extends past the muzzle..

It looks like, counting the one that came with the gun (that I think is IC) I might want mod and that might be it... at least if I can shoot as good as Sir P.E. Kelly....

This seems at odds with the $480 Muller set on fleabay, I mean someone must see the need to spend more than half what the gun cost on chokes....

Carlson chokes are the best value.

I believe in either LM and never change or as I do CLOSE (Cylinder) MEDIUM (Light Mod) and Who in the hell put that

target way out there! (Improved Mod)

As far as High End ($$$) chokes go...Even pattern density is what clays guys are after and one to two more breaks

can mean the difference.

I believe in either LM and never change or as I do CLOSE (Cylinder) MEDIUM (Light Mod) and Who in the hell put that

target way out there! (Improved Mod)

:roflol: This is awesome advice that has saved me a lot of money. Thanks for all you do for us. :bow:

Well, I *do* have the "single guy grip strength"...LOL but I get it. My main wish for extended stems more from the ability to change them without needing a choke wrench except for the tightening and loosening - a valuable trait with a mag tube that extends past the muzzle..

It looks like, counting the one that came with the gun (that I think is IC) I might want mod and that might be it... at least if I can shoot as good as Sir P.E. Kelly....

This seems at odds with the $480 Muller set on fleabay, I mean someone must see the need to spend more than half what the gun cost on chokes....

Those same Optima HP tubes are used in other Beretta guns that don’t sell for a 1301 price.

I seem to remember an ongoing “conversation” on another shotgunning message board about those Muller tubes being “game changers”…you can image how that one went too :surprise:

Well, this is the single most expensive shotgun I have ever purchased, remember, I am a Mossberg guy....LOL It's funny, really, I have such a uneven view of guns. Rifles, Pistols I see the value in a $3-4k+ gun.. Shotguns? They just seem like they should be less... I swear one day I am going to show up at a 3 gun with a $40 single shot...

Mr Kelly, I am going to take your advice (once again) and Go with IC (that I have) and probably Mod and that's it.. For the who the hell put that out there targets...well those will be what the painful shells are for...lol

Barry. Ive been using the same 1301 factory IC for almost a year an a half. I shoot Atlanta 3gun, the Remington Versa Max shotgun challenge and my local CSRA 3 gun matches in Augusta Georgia. They are mostly all bay style high speed but Atlanta has one longer jungle run. The only time I ever thought I needed more choke was on a defective star.

Edited by Mike Bell

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I ran a 20" 590 for the next best thing to 20 years (for 13 or 14 YEARS it was the only shotgun I owned) with just the cyl bore barrel and no chokes at all....

Then some bastard designed that damn lollipop spinner, and then every sumbitch running 3 gun matches just HAD to have one... (I say that with all of the love and respect in the world). Running 8 or 9 rounds at one of those, then switching to the OMG rounds and STILL failing to spin it really sucks, so I invested in some chokes. Now I tend to leave the wide chokes in until I get to a spinner or a "who the hell put that way out there" target...