Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Click is a Terrible Sound

Cosby

The worst sound during a stage is pulling the trigger and just hearing a click. Happened to me during a rifle stage at a recent 3-Gun Match. I loaded my rifle ammo the night before and put the rounds in several of those cute little boxes that hold the rounds upright.

After the click, I cleared the rifle and checked the round that did not fire. I was expecting to see a hit on the primer, thinking maybe the Dillon did not seat the primer enough. Instead-I am looking at the wrong side of the primer!!!!!!!!!!!

Always check rounds before you put them in containers where you cannot see the primers. PROOF THAT GOD DOES NOT LOOK AFTER DRUNKS AND FOOLS!!!!!!!!!!!!

A click is better than nothig at all!

Last year I shot the Dutch open with a borrowed .40 cal auto (I normally shoot revolver). I don't know why but when loading on one stage I had problems getting the mag to seat & it took several attemts. Anyhow once I got it in, I put the safety on & holstered.

On the beep I drew, pulled the trigger & got nothing at all, no click, nothing- I checked that I'd knocked the safety off & pulled again. Again nothing. I was stumped I had no idea what was wrong so I racked it & nothing ejected.

Trying to shoot an empty chamber just dosen't work! With all the problems getting the mag to seat I had just plain forgotten to rack the gun before holstering! :wacko:

I should have realized that something was wrong when the RO waited a good long time after asking if I was sure that I was ready :unsure:

I think I'll stick to revolvers in the future.

The worst sound during a stage is pulling the trigger and just hearing a click.

Actually, I'd say the worst sound is not "click" its either "KABOOM!" (double charge), or "veryquietsnap" (ie squib round, no powder). I've had both, and I'd much rather hear click, believe me! :P

• 2 weeks later...