Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2016 Memphis Charity Challenge

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Blueridge ! ! !

Towboat. Brad and Elizabeth both are looking into it. Since you are listlisted on the squading list you have a pin number generated. Check your spam filter and let me know if it is there . If not we will get you fixed right up with a new one.

Everyone else. If you are planning on shooting the match go ahead and send in your entry forms. It makes it hard to plan lunch and other stuff when we get all the entries later in the process.

Thanks.

Hopalong

Oh, recovery from getting the new hip coming along really well ! ! ! !

• 4 weeks later...

Stages approved.  Some like in the past, and others not so much ! ! ! ! 

I really hope y'all like to shoot . . . . . .  

Gonna be fun, and a good time for all. We will post the stages before long so all can see what fun we're going to have

Hopalong (just barely)

Oh, Doc said hip looking good. Have 6 weeks of Physical Therapy to go through now.

• 3 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, Sunny226 said:

UPDATE---As of Sept. 19, 2016, the MCC is open to Revolver, Single Stack, Open, Limited, Limited 10 and Carry Optics.  There are 2 ways to register (not directly online though).  Please see this updated application (attached here).  B)

2016 MCC App rev09192016.pdf

Stage diagrams can be found in the Pistol Matches forum at:

Edited by Sunny226

Ok, with it opening up to other divisions, I have interest. When is the registration deadline?  Can I sign up the day of?  Not sure if I can work it into my schedule.  What time do you need to be there to shoot the 1 day format?

Yes you can sign up the day of the match you want to shoot unless it is full.

Level l and 'll matches are not strictly held to the 32 round limit but you gotta beg and plead pretty much.

Remember. The match is one gun a day. Up to two guns on consecutive days or one gun on one day .

The match is a charity find raiser for LeBoneur Children's Hospital. All proceeds after match administration go to buying the vein viewer that helps finding veins for IV much easier.

We will have some goodies there to auction and raise more fund's so bring some extra $$$$$$$

We are also raffling off a M1a as usual with everyone who enters getting an automatic ticket in the drawing along with the extra everyone n buys.  :^}

Any questions please ask.

Hopalong

57 minutes ago, hopalong said:

Level l and 'll matches are not strictly held to the 32 round limit but you gotta beg and plead pretty much.

Looks like a good match and good stages, but with five mags and one in the chamber I'm at 41 rounds if I shoot SS/Major.  That hurts on a 42 round stage.

Not a complaint per se, but I wasn't aware that DNROI was sanctioning matches with stages that didn't meet the rules/requirements.  As a new shooter, that's good to know, because I know to look at stage descriptions before registering instead of assuming the stages are "normal."  Good luck with the match!  

1 hour ago, mreed911 said:

Looks like a good match and good stages, but with five mags and one in the chamber I'm at 41 rounds if I shoot SS/Major.  That hurts on a 42 round stage.

Not a complaint per se, but I wasn't aware that DNROI was sanctioning matches with stages that didn't meet the rules/requirements.  As a new shooter, that's good to know, because I know to look at stage descriptions before registering instead of assuming the stages are "normal."  Good luck with the match!  

If you're shooting 45, we have a couple mags and mag holders you could borrow for the match.  

Please see rule 1.2.1.3; long courses in level 3 and above are limited to 32 rounds.  Since the MCC is a level 2 match, long courses are allowed more than 32 rounds if meeting the other stage construction requirements.

We'd like for you to shoot the match if you'd like to.

On ‎9‎/‎21‎/‎2016 at 2:45 AM, mreed911 said:

I thought the maximum on any stage was 32 rounds required.  How are the larger stages legal stages?

Actually level I & II matches can exceed the 32 rounds required, stage designers usually don't do it though. I had to look this up in the USPSA rules myself when I first saw the rounds required. In the USPSA rulebook under Types of Courses (1.2.1.3), it shows that long courses in level III or higher matches must not require more than 32 rounds to complete.  

On ‎9‎/‎22‎/‎2016 at 0:23 AM, hopalong said:

Yes you can sign up the day of the match you want to shoot unless it is full.

Remember. The match is one gun a day. Up to two guns on consecutive days or one gun on one day .

The match is a charity find raiser for LeBoneur Children's Hospital. All proceeds after match administration go to buying the vein viewer that helps finding veins for IV much easier.

We will have some goodies there to auction and raise more fund's so bring some extra $$$$$$$

We are also raffling off a M1a as usual with everyone who enters getting an automatic ticket in the drawing along with the extra everyone n buys.  :^}

Any questions please ask.

Hopalong

So if I enter to shoot two guns (one on each day) do I get two entries in the raffle for the M1a? I intend to buy extra tickets, but I am curious.

On ‎9‎/‎22‎/‎2016 at 1:27 AM, mreed911 said:

I sympathize with the struggle, and I am shooting revolver one day then single stack the other. Shooting a 6-shot revolver on a stage that requires in excess of 32 rounds (one 34, 40, and 44 if I recall correctly), is daunting to say the least. I'll be shooting major in both Revolver and Single Stack Division, and look forward to competing against you sir!

Stage 4 is tricky as it has 25 targets and only requires one shot per target. Forgetting and shooting two per target could make for a long stage and running out of ammunition before the end!

Edited by Blueridge

Blue Ridge,

Yes you will get one ticket per entry !

As for the challenge of the longer stages. . . . . . 

One of the bigger reasons to shoot revolver in USPSA is the challenge of making it work. A challenge I always embraced that gave the division it's own identity and personality (until the 8 minor pretty much ended that).

Also hearing all the griping about low round count stages at the USPSA Nationals we decided to never have that comment made about the MCC  : ^ ]

Hopalong