Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Benelli M1S90 extended mag tube

FNC80

Shooter's Connection carries two lengths of Benelli mag tubes.

Yep.

But remember there is a cut off to stay in (I think it is production). I think it is 9 total in the gun. More than that and you're moved to open, and you're competing with much more tricked out guns (comps, etc, etc).

I had a talk with Chuck about this and he steered me to the right extension.

A shotgun with a 20-24" barrel and 8-shell capacity in the tube can be swung a little faster than one with a 26-28" barrel and 10-shell capacity. So if you will always shoot Standard, go with the shorter barrel and shorter extension. However, if you might shoot both Open and Standard, you could go with the longer tube and install a 2-shell plug to shoot Standard at a major match. Most local matches and side matches will let you stay in Standard Division if you never load more than 8 in the tube, even if its capacity is higher.

Richard

Schennberg.com

Briley makes a very well built tube. I cannot comment on wether it is built better than a factory Benelli tube. How many rounds does the Benelli OEM hold BTW?

The OEM Benelli tube is a +4 extention - which I believe brings the capcity to 8 (4+4) plus one in the pipe. It's about the same price as the Briley.

The OEM Benelli mag extention will add 3 rounds. Totals will be 7 in the tube, 1 in the chamber, and/or 1 on the lift gate if your gun is so modified. USPSA Limited/Tactical class is 9 rounds in the gun max at any time. International Multigun Iron/Tactical is 9 rounds in the gun max at the start of the stage, then it is however many you can get into a 23" magazine tube after the buzzer goes off. Usually this adds up to 9 in the tube.

Speed Shooters also sells the DMW tube extension collar for $28:

DMW Benelli collar for tube extension - Collar needed for post ban Benelli's to attach tube extension - made by DMW

I have a 2001 postban M1S90, so do I need this to use the DMW 10rnd extension?

My +4 Benelli OEM tube came w/ a collar. Does the threading on the DMW tubes not match the Benelli collar threading and therefore I would need the DMW collar?

Also what length spring do I need for the 10rnd tube? Can I use the same one from my +4 (7rnd) tube?

The DMW mag tube will thread into the OEM Benelli extention barrel nut. If you do not have an extention of any kind, then you will need to purchase an extention barrel nut along with the extention tube. The DMW tube will come with a new spring.

Hmmm. I was under the impression that adding a mag extension that holds more than 5 rounds to an imported semi-auto shotgun was illegal, that it violates 18USC925 (d)(3) and 18USC922r. The first says that you can only import semi-auto shotguns that have a "sporting purpose". At one time the Attorney General ruled that semi-auto shotguns that hold more than 5 rounds have no sporting purpose. 18USC922r says you can't convert a weapon to a non-importable configuration after its here. This has nothing to do with the AWB and its sunset. And it doesn't affect US made guns. I hope I'm completely wrong. I have a 7 round factory extension for my Benelli which I used for a few years but I recently took it off. Has there been any change as to what constitutes "sporting purpose", like maybe 3 gun?

I just got a Briley 8 round tube for my new (used, but new to me) M1S90. It is just slightly shorter than my 21" barrel and seems to be well made.

I shot it today and it works fine.

Why have you guys that shoot open class never developed a extendable magazine for your shotguns? It would require two pipes of different diameters, with one sliding into the other.

Depending on the stage you could select the amount of rounds you want.

• 4 weeks later...

I had a long barrel cut/comped and a tube extension put on years ago. Think my m1s90 can hold 12 rounds with the long comped barrel on it. Been so long since I have shot anything other than for hunting I cant remember.