Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Accu shadow match or regular Accu shadow?

sandflea

I only have the regular accushadow and I can say that I highly doubt the Aussie barrel is worth the extra money.

The stock barrel is also fitted. Many people in the uspsa world including accomplished production shooters think upgrading from a shadow to an accushadow isn't necessary because the shadow is accurate enough already. I can't imagine any way that using a longer, shinier barrel is going to be the thing that is going to send ones shooting to the next level.

I've got the extended barrel on both my Accu's. No, for an average shooter like me it's not going to make a difference in groupings. But it does add a slight amount of additional weight at the muzzle which I like. I'll take every legal advantage available to me in Production class.

If you are already shooting a shadow, or an accushadow, you should be dry firing instead of looking for MORE advantages. You already have a gun with a better trigger than a lot of 1911's that weighs more than most 2011's shooting really light loads. I mean come on, you want A zone seeking projectiles for it as well???

If you are already shooting a shadow, or an accushadow, you should be dry firing instead of looking for MORE advantages. You already have a gun with a better trigger than a lot of 1911's that weighs more than most 2011's shooting really light loads. I mean come on, you want A zone seeking projectiles for it as well???

Hnmmmmmm, A zone seeking projectiles, eh? Do they work with the recoil rod mounted camera for the auto-targeting computer fired trigger?

Anyone looking to get rid of one of those Long barrels? I really want one for the look :cheers:

I will admit that I wish mine was longer.....just for the look, but I have come a long way with my shorty. I mean really, by the time they see it, the deal is already pretty well sealed.

Anyone looking to get rid of one of those Long barrels? I really want one for the look :cheers:

I will admit that I wish mine was longer.....just for the look, but I have come a long way with my shorty. I mean really, by the time they see it, the deal is already pretty well sealed.

I hear you, the look was for me mostly... You know big hands make for small other things..... LOL

You forgot the obligatory "it's the indian and not the arrow" as well as the "spend less on the gun, more on ammo" with your what "you should be" doing answer.

If you can afford paying for more advantages why not, as long as you can take advantage of dry firing... Which for me isn't a problem. There's a waiting list for SVI's, there must be a reason.

Not sure if the OP meant to compare the AS vs AS BLK, but to clear things up, the barrel in the AS Blk is a CZC Match barrel (made in the USA) and not the AUS barrel (CZ made).

The CZC Match barrel isn't available through CZ USA

The AUS barrel is 0.225" longer than the standard barrel

Edited by Quack

It's a game, right? So if someone wants to "game" it by getting every possible legal advantage they can afford or access, more power to them. Don't hate the player.

It's a game, right? So if someone wants to "game" it by getting every possible legal advantage they can afford or access, more power to them. Don't hate the player.

Don't mistake my response for hate. Just trying to throw a little sarcastic humor at it.

No, I definitely didn't think there was any "hate" involved. i was also just being sarcastic by throwing a little Stuart Scott/ESPN into the mix. "Don't hate the playa, hate the game."

I have an Accu Shadow with the stock barrel and a sp-01 full cz custom with the czc barrel without the bushing. The custom with the czc barrel 100% shoots smaller groups then the Accu. I also have a regular shadow and would never again spend the money on the bushing but would absolutely purchase the czc barrel. Plus the barrel looks awesome sticking out.

I can't tell the difference in accuracy between my CZC Shadow Custom and my CZC Accu Shadow. Both can group in the head box at 25 yards, I can't imagine I'm losing any points due to the gun. I don't know how the longer barrels shoot but they look nice.