Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New to 3Gun: Thinking about an M2

anaxagoras

21" Benelli M2

Call C Rums in Rogersville MO He will get you everything you need and do it promptly, He was not mentioned but he does a ton of Shotgun work including trigger jobs

just google C Rums you should be good.

Don't forget Triangle Shooting Sports to modify your gun. Benny has been doing this a long time. Love my Benny Benelli. As far as "kick", fit the stock to YOU and you won't have kick. I've run 100 rounds through mine shooting trap with no soreness, but my gun fits me.

• 3 weeks later...

So what's the good about the M3000? I'd always heard it disregarded as for people who can't afford an M2.

98 page thread all about the M3000. They are good enough to help me earn a 2nd overall Limited

at the 2015 USPSA Multigun Nationals.

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=173219&page=1

Edited by P.E. Kelley

So what's the good about the M3000? I'd always heard it disregarded as for people who can't afford an M2.

You just said it, theres absolutely nothing wrong with the Stoeger. Its not an M2 but its pretty dang close!

98 page thread all about the M3000. They are good enough to help me earn a 2nd overall Limited

Yeah, I've read about 30 pages of it, and didn't see why it's actually better than an M2... I was hoping I missed something, but it looks like a knockoff that's 90% as good as an M2 and that's about it.

Yeah, I've read about 30 pages of it, and didn't see why it's actually better than an M2... I was hoping I missed something, but it looks like a knockoff that's 90% as good as an M2 and that's about it.

Add in it costs half the price and you have it pretty well summarized. Its not a replacement for the M2, just a very very good option for the guy who doesn't have M2 money to spend.

Edited by TyinTX

You initially asked "So what's the good about the M3000?" Nobody said it was better.

As you found out it costs half as much (or less) for a gun that I believe (perhaps proven) is equally capable of winning as the M2 (or Versa Max or the A5 or the SLP)

If money is no object...M2 from TTI or Rose Action or Accurate Iron.

If you would like to spend half the coin, get a gun that does what the above "smithed" M2's do AND has

a set of sights on it AND is refinished, then a M3000 built by MOA Precision would be the way.

Lots of good choices in shotguns for the game out there.

Echo what Pat said, Tom at MOA has them figured out and he's putting out a turn key budget race gun. I only say budget because of the price, I don't believe you're giving up anything with the Stoeger.

I taught 7 intro to competition shotgun loading courses at the A Girl and a Gun conference this weekend. Most of the women preferred to load the M2 and some preferred shooting it. Only 2 groups got to shoot a worked over M3000 and they all liked it. Had a few VersaMaxs that caused loading fits because they were not modified correctly.

Those who had bought a JM930, 1100 or a 1301 were generally upset at the people who had recommended them after they were able to directly compare the differences. Even just practicing loading, the shortcomings bit several. The "auto" unload on the 1301 can be shocking and comparing recoil, few liked shooting it.

High points: Seeing about 50 ladies, mostly starting off not liking, even scared of the shotgun and watching them come to understand and enjoy the shotgun over the course of 2 hours.

Low points: Whether it was the JM930, VersaMax Competition or the Benelli 3Gun, there was almost a universal displeasure that they had bought something touted as "ready" for 3Gun that really was not even close.

While women's perceptions are different than men's, they certainly seemed to be more direct about their likes and dislikes and less hung up on what the collective of the internet says.

Other than the massive fail jam of the 1301, why wasn't it liked?

The long forend, the slimness, the shorter stock, the lightness, gas operation... the one I felt (not fired) seemed perfect for me. Was the M2 better at recoil than the 1301, even with slugs?

Guess I did something wrong, but when I did a quick check I

found that an M2 from TTI or Rose action is about $1850,

but the M3000 is almost as much from MOA after it's tricked

out??? :surprise:

What I did wrong? :cheers:

TTI is a 1349$ package... if you can point out where to get M2s for 500$ I'm all ears!

I believe the P3K (as I shoot it) is $1100. That includes all the the Carbon Arms tube, front and rear sights and refinishing (something not found elsewhere)

That's a good price, thanks. Did that include trigger work and opening the loading port? :cheers:

I don't have time to list every item here, but it is ready to shoot and win any 3 gun match as delivered.

I know that is the case as I took delivery of the 1st P3K two days before leaving for the USPSA Multigun Nationals and placed 2nd @ 93%

in Liimited behind Joel Turner Jr. (AMU)

Load port done. including trigger guard shell cut.

Carbon Arms tube.

MOA charging handle

MOA bolt release

MOA double head safety

Front and rear sights.

Cerakote midnight blue.

Benelli M2 extractor and Spring.

Reliability package.

I do not tweak my shotgun triggers nor is the one on the P3K.

Please call Tom for the real lowdown on what is in the complete P3K package or some other package.