Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Super Ninja Ultra Tactical Matches

Pact-Man

I have heard about a type of multi-gun match where you show up carrying all your guns (long gun(s) and handgun(s)), gear, and ammo, then shoot several stages with your stuff. The range is hot the entire time, and if you run out of anything (ammo, mags) you are SOL. Anyone heard of such a thing? I live in Martinsburg, WV if it makes a difference.

One of our local ranges hosts "Tactical" matches on weekends they don't have USPSA events. I don't think they're officialy associated with any particular discipline or organization; just something they like to do. They usually have some 3-gun scenario(s), but not exclusively. They do pistol-, rifle- and shotgun-only stages, too.

One month, they had 6 courses of fire set up as usual, but you ran them as one stage. You started with all of your gear, ammo and guns, and ran from one bay to the next executing the course requirements as you went. The last "stage" started by downing an activator with one shotgun round, and opening the door to find ~38 pieces of steel to shoot with your pistol.

Unfortunately, I didn't get a notice and missed it. Everyone I spoke to loved it!

Sorry Pact-Man, I don't have any information for their mailing list (I haven't managed to get on it yet). I only know they run one of these Tactical matches once a month (non-USPSA sanctioned).

If I can get any more info I'll post it here.

...Mark

Roberta, GA (far enough out in the country to qualify as "just outside the batcave" :D ). While the match I described is not a USPSA event, you could try looking up Cool Springs Gun Club on the USPSA site and see the contacts listed can steer you to the guy running these matches.

...Mark

Do they let jack booted thugs participate?

:o

Good to see you're shooting. Hope you found an IPSC or IDPA club close. Come back and see us.

BTW - your BGSL membership ran out. I'm assuming you don't want to renew.

Sorry for the inside speak guys.

I believe there was a 3-gun match with a category like you describe in Waco, Texas in the fall of '05.

:o

Easy, now!

I've only been on the job for 6 months!

Clyde,

Gotcha.

Gun Geek,

I was hoping that wasn't the case, but I understand.

fomeister,

What?

Here are the trooper class Rules from Waco last November....we will be doing something similar at Ironman '05 too...

Trooper Class

The goals of this class are to encourage shooters to use field practical equipment that is reliable in adverse conditions and add an element of physical endurance to the competition not found in other classes.

Rules:

1) The shooter must transport all their firearms, ammunition, equipment, and cleaning supplies with them for the duration of the match from the moment they sign in the first day of shooting.

2) The amount of ammunition the shooter begins the match with, is all they are allowed to use for the duration of the match.  The shooter may have as much ammunition in their pack, vest, or ammunition carriers as he/she wishes.

3) Any back up guns the shooter may wish to use should their primary firearm become inoperable during the course of the match must be carried with them for the duration of the match

4) The equipment must be carried via any man portable means and in a safe manner.  No wagons, wheel barrows, carts, sleds, etc allowed.

5) The shooter does not need to carry all this equipment during the course of fire, they may ground their rucksack and use only the equipment on their person if they wish.

6) Trooper class shooters must start with at least one liter of water on their person or in their rucksack.  Additional Water will be provided at all stages.  The shooter must carry any beverages other than water themselves.

7) Lunch will be provided for all Trooper Class shooters on the range.  Any food a Trooper Class shooter wishes to eat must be carried on them other than the food served at lunch time.

8) Any time a Trooper class shooter leaves the range, he/she must check his/her gear at the stat house where it will be secured to prevent tampering and/or adding or removing of equipment.

Failure to follow these rules or voluntarily choosing to drop out of Trooper Class will place the shooter in any of the other classes determined by the firearms and accessories they are using

Medical assistance for cuts, scrapes, insect/snake bites, or any other foreseeable physical ailment can be treated by another individual without bumping the shooter out of Trooper Class.

Firearms: 

1) Trooper Class shooters may use firearms from any of the other specified classes.  A Trooper class shooter may use all iron-sighted guns, or open class guns, however they must be able to transport any firearms (and spares) without assistance from stage to stage by themselves.

2) There is no limit on magazine capacity, bipods, scopes, etc in Trooper Class.

3) If a shooter decides to carry more than one firearm, spare upper receiver, optics, etc they may elect to use them on a stage as they see fit.  Sniper Rifles may only be used on rifle targets, sub machine guns may only be used on rifle and pistol targets.  Changing long guns in the middle of the stage is disallowed.  If the shooter elects to use a sniper rifle they must use it for the full course of fire, if they elect to use a subgun they must use it for the full course of fire, if they elect to use a .223 carbine and 9mm pistol they must use it for the full course of fire.

4) Firearms are the only items the shooter may remove from the range at the end of the day.

• 1 year later...

There have been a number of matches with those type rules in NC over the years. I seem to recall a lot of them were associated with the military community.

Does anyone recall if Kyle Lamb's matches were run that way?