Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Recipe for titegroup

thebigdogg316

Now I'm moving to load short but still testing.

This is for long:

Pistol: Tanfoglio Limited Custom HC

OAL: 1.180"

Bullet: 180 gr. lead TC from Laser Cast

This is my recipie for major PF:

TG: 4.5gr

FPS: 965

PF: 173

Edited by Aasp76

Kinda new to this reloading business, in fact I reloaded my first 18 rounds last night!

I'm wondering why the discrepancy in COL in the above posts?

COL ranging from 1.125-1.135-1.175 & 1.185

Edited by slayer61

Kinda new to this reloading business, in fact I reloaded my first 18 rounds last night!

I'm wondering why the discrepancy in COL in the above posts?

COL ranging from 1.125-1.135-1.175 & 1.185

1.125-1.135 is generally for the average production gun chamber (Glock, XD/XDM, M&P). 1.175 and higher is generally for 1911/2011 type guns that have longer chambers.

Theses are just generalities and there are exceptions.

Thank you. Does the shorter COL have an effect on performance? Velocity? Chamber pressure?

Absolutely and this is where one who is just starting out should follow well established recipes from manuals first and get an idea of how the science meets the art before venturing out on their own.

So, you are saying that as long as I follow standard load chart data (Hodgdon for me) I should be OK? I made them 1.125 per their (Hodgdon's) chart even though the chart has no idea if I'm putting them in a Glock, Sig or 1911?

So, you are saying that as long as I follow standard load chart data (Hodgdon for me) I should be OK? I made them 1.125 per their (Hodgdon's) chart even though the chart has no idea if I'm putting them in a Glock, Sig or 1911?

As long as your gun and barrel are in serviceable condition and are fairly modern, they should be able to handle modern loads and pressures based on the SAAMI specifications used in the recipes from various manufacturers.

Hodgdon cannot know if you are loading for an M&P, Glock, XDM, 2011, CZ, whatever. They specify their information with their cases, barrel twist rate, barrel length, primer used, and case length and the charts finish off with powder used, bullet used, overall length and powder charge.

Follow their data first and get used to seeing and feeling the process.

• 2 weeks later...

I use 4.2 grains with 180 grain bayou bullets at 1.125 and sit at 170 pf. This in my Glock 35 with a lone wolf barrel

My load exactly but shot in a stock glock 23 and a XDM 5.25 with great accuracy, no smoke or muzzle flash, and mild recoil. I like the xtreme 180gr RNFP they are consistently good.

I have been experimenting with 180 gr Blue Bullets loading 3.8 and 4.0 grs of titegroup with very good results also.

My load is 4.4 grains at 1.190 OAL with a Benny gun. Haven't chronoed yet but should make major. Starting to like the impulse of the titegroup. It is a harsher than ramshot competition but sights tracks a littl better.