Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Optics for 929

johniac7078

C-More in a sideways mount. It's important to get the sight plane as close to the bore axis as possible--particularly if you're going to be switching back and forth between a scope and iron sights.

Great suggestion, thanks. Any issues reloading with the kickstand mount?

C-More in a sideways mount. It's important to get the sight plane as close to the bore axis as possible--particularly if you're going to be switching back and forth between a scope and iron sights.

Didn't seem to be an issue for me when I was fooling with the one I installed for a customer.

It does make it really nice to pick up during a table start.

it depends. guys that weak hand load, depending on how they run their hand down the gun, may find it interferes.

I strong hand and never notice it to be an issue.

I just mounted a cmore sts on my 627 using the allchin S&W low mount. I have shot it twice now and love it. I didn't have a problem with finding the dot after a few moon clips.

John I shoot at the same club as you and if you would like to shoot my 627 to test out the dot and mount set up I have just send me a pm and I'm sure we could work something out.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

AWESOME! Thank you!

No problem. I've learned a great deal from your YouTube channel so the least I can do is let you try out the optics set up I'm running.

LOL Thanks man!

Alecmc, Which sight do you prefer? The Delta looks like it sits a lot lower. Is it easier to pick up the dot & target? I would like to put a dot on either my 627 performance or my v-comp. I don't know if I'd really like shooting a dot sight on my gun. I've never tried it. Any advice? Thanks, Pete

Alecmc, Which sight do you prefer? The Delta looks like it sits a lot lower. Is it easier to pick up the dot & target? I would like to put a dot on either my 627 performance or my v-comp. I don't know if I'd really like shooting a dot sight on my gun. I've never tried it. Any advice? Thanks, Pete

They're both equally good, But if I had to pick only one , i'd go deltapoint. the deltapoint weighs close to nothing, & sits closer to where your iron sights would be.

Hi Pete

You may want also consider a C-more RTS2 on an Alchin mount. John makes this short mount very small and thin getting the red dot as close to the bore as possible.

The controls on the RTS2 are on the side and are push button and easy to get to and if you need to change the battery, it has a door on the right side that you use to change the battery.

Sight comes with a rail attachment and the bottom of the sight is completely sealed if you remove the rail base.

I see you are on the West coast of Fla., and if you get over to the east side, get in touch with me and you can take my Revo with the RST2 out for a drive around the range.

Hi Pete

I am on the other coast...and one of the clubs that I shoot at is is Fort Lauderdale and we shoot Steel Challenge the last Sunday of the month.

It is about 40 min from my home and my indoor range is about 15 min from my home in Lake Worth.

I also get up to Malabar and Okeechobee for Cowboy shooting and then we stay a little later to shoot other "toys".

Come over to the other side of the state one day and the offer stands.

Gary

• 1 month later...

I just mounted the Alchin Mini-STS mount and Vortex Razor on my 929. The Razor was a perfect fit on the mount with the nylon plugs aligning perfectly.

Couldn't be happier. I did have to remove a bit of metal on the front lip of of the base so it would fit flush in the slot.

Shot off hand @ 25 yds with CamPro 158grs .357 bullets and 3.0grs of Titegroup.

IMG_0153.jpg

Edited by sp00ky

• 2 weeks later...

I use the regular direct mount C-More on my 929.... I tried the Burris Fast Fire 3 on it also (both used Allchin low mounts)...The higher mounted regular C-More works fine for me...EZ dot pickup for me. The BIG + of the regular C-More is the dot modules can be changed from a 3 to a 16 if you wish?. I have full sized C-Mores on both the wife's and my BuckMark 22's we shoot in steel plate competition. She was having trouble "finding" the dot so I put a 16 (big) module in it for her.... What a difference, her confidence went WAY up and her scores got quicker....I use a 12 for both the BuckMark and my 2011 open gun and a 6 on the 929. I'm on my 3rd barrel and have many thousands of rounds thru this gun, same C-More......I've not had any problems with "dot" wash out in the Arizona summer sun..... Yes, we do shoot when it's 115+ degrees out side, the "dot" is still there...

Edited by mike NM

• 2 months later...

I agree.

I bought the BMT kickstand when they first came out. I did the allchin cmore mount prior, went to the BMT 90, then tried eotech for awhile after talking to rich about it.

The eotech is genuinely great, the 1 MOA dot is bright and visible regardless of light conditions and becuase it is so crisp and bright and with the 65 moa ring around it, its always "there", you never have the sensation of trying to find it. I struggled/obsessed with the height over bore thing though, how to get a good zero. The first match I shot it at, there was a stage with 5 yard x rings, becuase of the zero and height over bore, having the dot low in the X ring resulted in A's hits, not X's. I spent alot of time at 50/25/10/3 yards working it out on my range but gave up becuase I was obsessing to hard over it that it was detrimental to my goals and went back to the BMT cmore configuration.

I am considering giving the eotech another go given the IRC is much later this year. As great and proven as a cmore is, its not perfect. battery life is terrible, it washes out in the right light conditions and for some they refuse to hold a zero.

I still shoot my S&W 986 with an Eotech XPS-2 , the battery life is ok, stays on through an entire match, 8 stages and holds Zero....I have not tried the other Eotech, but after talking with the company, they suggested the XPS-2 for use on a revolver....

Works great!

Girphoto