Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Blade Tec or Safariland

Which of these belt systems do you guys think are better...like more choices of attachment and such. I don't have any fat guys at the local range to try their gear so I'm reaching out here. Thanks in advance.

My problem with TMMS is the tec loks which I generally dislike. For our games I like the ELS bolt through the belt approach, and I even like their belt. I know Mark has seen the belt closure come undone a lot, and I've seen it too but I think that is very easy to fix, I just run an extra belt keeper or two where I think it needs it.

2015-02-25%2021.56.49_zpsnkcqkym7.jpg

The CR belt has the stiffest outer belt, which I like. I tried TMMS bolted direct, the locking tabs failed towards the end of the year. This is the best set up I have tried so far. I keep the pistol holster on a Tek-Lok.

My problem with TMMS is the tec loks which I generally dislike. For our games I like the ELS bolt through the belt approach, and I even like their belt. I know Mark has seen the belt closure come undone a lot, and I've seen it too but I think that is very easy to fix, I just run an extra belt keeper or two where I think it needs it.

The bolt on holes and lack of flexibility that comes with the set home placement is why I dislike ELS. My stuff is never in the same spot depending on stage design.

The bolt on holes and lack of flexibility that comes with the set home placement is why I dislike ELS. My stuff is never in the same spot depending on stage design.

Thats why you rotate the els clip on whatever you are putting on the belt instead of the belt clip.

One thing I learned is that if you are using tec locks, use velcro on the back of the tec locks. If you have a few tec locks close together, there will be a good 1/4 or more area of outer belt that isnt secured at all to the inner belt.

I get that, specially if you are super picky about locations. I just have enough plates on the belt that I can mix and match as needed

Thats why you rotate the els clip on whatever you are putting on the belt instead of the belt clip.

That won't know me to move my caddy 1/2"

Right or left though.

• 1 month later...