Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2015 Benelli Rockcastle Tactical Shotgun Match

Squadding is being worked on, but yes. We have 4 squads for A Girl & A Gun, 2 for the World Shoot competitors, then the rest is open. There may be an open slot or two on some of those squads as well, but we need to make sure we have those organized before we open the barn doors.

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There will be at least one stage of paper and one of kd steel for buckshot. I'd suggest knowing your patterns would be a good idea.

I took out the buckshot paper, all steel. More to keep reset times in line than anything else.

We are not going to publish the stages ahead of time. When you check in, you will receive the written stage briefings.

Here is a little intel on the slug stages. There are 3 of them, and they are ALL paper. IPSC rules use Comstock scoring and in this match, all of the slug paper target require 1 hit to score, with an A being 5 points, a C 4 points and a D 2 points. A miss is double value in comstock, so -10 points. Very few people have shot this type of scoring, so pay attention. The best advice i can give you is to take your time on the slug shots and if you can get closer, it is advantageous to do so.

There are 4 Buckshot stages and it will all be on steel, likely 8x8 targets to 11-17 targets.

If you have not shot your shotgun weak shoulder, you might want to practice that in the next few weeks. :)

Refresh my memory please. Will the entire match use IPSC scoring?

Refresh my memory please. Will the entire match use IPSC scoring?

Yes, Comstock scoring. However, the 50 round stage is going to have its point value be 125 points instead of 250 to keep things in balance.

We are doing everything we can to make the match as simple to shoot and work while still challenging your shooting skills. :)

I think there are still a handful of slots left in the match and a few openings for staff as well. Link for registration: https://clubs.practiscore.com/2015-benelli-rockcastle-tactical-shotgun-match/register

I enjoyed my morning coffee just looking at the stage drawing for the Simply Perfect 50 rounds stage. You all are going to have a blast shooting it. :)

Edited by MarkCO

Email came from

Pro.Am3Gun@gmail.com

Had this important paragraph:

Please save this email as the link below is your registration page where you can edit your registration details, pay and squad yourself.

Click here to view your personal match management page.

Mark, just to make sure that this hasn't changed since the first post, but stages will be open for viewing on Thursday, correct?

Also, what's the situation with the ammo pre-order from Gamaliel, if you know—where do we get the order form?

Mark, just to make sure that this hasn't changed since the first post, but stages will be open for viewing on Thursday, correct?

Also, what's the situation with the ammo pre-order from Gamaliel, if you know—where do we get the order form?

Provided staff is not shooting on a stage, they will be available to view on Thursday.

Gamaliel sent out an order form about 2 weeks ago. I am sure you can call them direct and they can help you out as well.

You can call us at 800-356-6230 to pre-order ammo or accessories. You can also shop on our website at www.Gamaliel.com and choose "Pick up at Benelli Shotgun Championship" during checkout.

You can call us at 800-356-6230 to pre-order ammo or accessories. You can also shop on our website at www.Gamaliel.com and choose "Pick up at Benelli Shotgun Championship" during checkout.

Thanks! I was looking on the site yesterday—I guess you don't carry Fiocchi shotgun ammo (specifically low-recoil slugs and buck)? I still need plenty of AA, though.

Appendix E1 allows 000 to 4 buck and #3 to #9 birdshot, but also says MD or RM can put limits on number of buck pellets (E1.16) or shot size (E1.17). Are there any such additional match restrictions in place?

When looking in the rules for largest shot size, I found a couple of items.

5.5.7 All rounds loaded in the shotgun prior to the start signal must be of the same configuration (i.e. wad,
velocity, propelant, pellet weight, pellet size, length, etc.). Violations may be subject o Rule 10.6.1.
So if you stack some different loads in your preload, it's a match DQ for unsportsmanlike.
Appendix E1: Ammunition
17. The Match Director and/or the Range Master may restrict the ammuniton to be used to certain
maximum shot sizes or certain types for reasons of safety. Any such requirement is to be advised
prior to the match dates.
I'm good to go with whatever, all the big match rules I looked at was #6 max, but I'll be bringing some #4's just in case.

Appendix E1 allows 000 to 4 buck and #3 to #9 birdshot, but also says MD or RM can put limits on number of buck pellets (E1.16) or shot size (E1.17). Are there any such additional match restrictions in place?

No. But realize flite control type wads are not allowed by rule. As for buckshot, it will be on steel, so not a big deal and you won't have to spend a lot of time taping BS holes.

When looking in the rules for largest shot size, I found a couple of items.

5.5.7 All rounds loaded in the shotgun prior to the start signal must be of the same configuration (i.e. wad,
velocity, propelant, pellet weight, pellet size, length, etc.). Violations may be subject o Rule 10.6.1.
So if you stack some different loads in your preload, it's a match DQ for unsportsmanlike.
Appendix E1: Ammunition
17. The Match Director and/or the Range Master may restrict the ammuniton to be used to certain
maximum shot sizes or certain types for reasons of safety. Any such requirement is to be advised
prior to the match dates.
I'm good to go with whatever, all the big match rules I looked at was #6 max, but I'll be bringing some #4's just in case.

Yes, you can only load one type of ammo on stages 1-13. Stage 14, the 50 round stage will not follow this rule.

If you want to shoot #4, fine with me, but you won't need it.