Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2015 Benelli Rockcastle Tactical Shotgun Match

As I said, you are more than welcome to post your set-up with your measurements, but I will not give any guarantees that you will pass inspection, part of racing. If you are under 75mm, then that part will be legal. It does not say at the belt for the measurement, it says body. So if any part of the carrier or shell is further than 75mm, you would not be able to use that in the IPSC divisions, I am not sure what more I can add except to measure your stuff.

That will be clear as day.....once we know what part of the body we are measuring from. As an American sized male, I would prefer from the "dunlap" region if possible, as opposed to the region of the body right next to the pants/belt.

Once we have an answer there...I will take some pics of the caddies I have in a couple configurations and see if they work.

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5.2.5 When carried in loops, clips or caddies no part of any cartridge is permitted to extend further than 75mm from a competitor's body.

Body: the physical structure of a person or an animal, including the bones, flesh, and organs.

Here is a picture taken of the ruler pressed into my abdomen with the caddies upside down. Appears there would be ample room for those of us with a "little extra".

When I measured from the center of the belt, it was 74mm, and around 76-78mm from the middle of the inner belt. This is a Taccom Double Deuces (they stick out further than the Deuling deuces) attached to a TekLok AND the TekLok attached to a small TMMS clip from Bladetech. Measured at the front of the body. Sides may be a little different if you're not "well rounded" and more pot bellied. Haha

I can't imagine a caddy not working or getting bounced out of the division unless you're a beanpole.....and the rule allows for the MD to make a call when someone is way overweight or super skinny.

Here is a picture taken of the ruler pressed into my abdomen with the caddies upside down. Appears there would be ample room for those of us with a "little extra".

When I measured from the center of the belt, it was 74mm, and around 76-78mm from the middle of the inner belt. This is a Taccom Double Deuces (they stick out further than the Deuling deuces) attached to a TekLok AND the TekLok attached to a small TMMS clip from Bladetech. Measured at the front of the body. Sides may be a little different if you're not "well rounded" and more pot bellied. Haha

I can't imagine a caddy not working or getting bounced out of the division unless you're a beanpole.....and the rule allows for the MD to make a call when someone is way overweight or super skinny.

post-42930-0-65359100-1426197576_thumb.j

If I wear a skirt when I shoot can I get the special Girl and Gun rate and coaching deal? I could use all the help I can get!

Please tell me I do not have to look that up in the IPSC rulebook. :roflol:

If I wear a skirt when I shoot can I get the special Girl and Gun rate and coaching deal? I could use all the help I can get!

Section 142.12.niner reads:

For all suspected she-males, a "crocodile Dundee" check must be performed by the Match Director under the direct supervision of the Range Master and one CRO.

I'd think Chad Francis would be the most experienced CRO for this.

For all suspected she-males, a "crocodile Dundee" check must be performed by the Match Director under the direct supervision of the Range Master and one CRO.

Oh, I needed that today! Thank goodness I was not drinking milk, or it would've come out of my nose!!!

Poor, poor, MArkCo...it's going to be a LOOOONG match! :eatdrink:

Dang - so close! I guess I'd be found out...

So in all reality us Santa Claus types can't use chest rigs running Tac com or invictus caddies unless we go pants on the ground????

I'd like to shoot this match but it's starting to smell like idpa.

Is there a simple way to do this? Or does anyone have a simple way to run caddies besides at nut level? Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Dustbuster1

Dang - so close! I guess I'd be found out...
I've heard Chad has had a couple slip thru his hands that were allowed to shoot.

So in all reality us Santa Claus types can't use chest rigs running Tac com or invictus caddies unless we go pants on the ground????

Is there a simple way to do this? Or does anyone have a simple way to run caddies besides at nut level? Thanks

I want to make sure I'm not missing something. Mark, none of the shotshell location and loading equipment restrictions are applicable to "Outlaw" division, correct?

This will be my first "major", so forgive me if these are stupid questions:

What are the typical start and end times each day? I'm a 2 1/2 hr drive away and trying to decide which nights to stay and when to just commute. Are there any night-time festivities I should make a point to attend?

Will all the pump gunners be squadded together, or scattered throughout randomly? I'll be shooting a pump and I'd love to watch and learn from my betters if possible, but I have no idea who they are yet or if they'll be open to a new guy tagging along.

Is this one of those matches that fills up 3 seconds after registration opens, or can I likely register sometime Sunday afternoon (I know this is a guess at best, but your guess is ten time better than mine!).

Thanks in advance -

Matt in TN,

You probably want to plan to stay night before first day, and every night after that... Shooting starts early, and can run late in day...

march 15 is registration... If you want in, be ready to sign up when it opens up.

As far as running under wing of said great pump-gunners, there should be a squad ding request opportunity before the match... Look for any pump gun shooter named Brian or Bryan... They are great shots, and good ambassadors

Thanks Trey! :)

Matt, I'll be shooting standard manual and so will Brian Vaught. (I'm Bryan Ray.). Joe Satterfield is a great pump shooter too. Feel free to out us down on the squad request line on the app.

Like Headworked said, I'd recommend staying Thursday and Friday nights. The rooms at Park Mammoth Resort will likely fill quicker than the match because there are only about 45-50 rooms after staff reservations. If you don't get one there, Cave City is only about 6 miles north.

If there is a match at The Rock, you can guarantee there is a party in the parking lot every night of the match.

I want to make sure I'm not missing something. Mark, none of the shotshell location and loading equipment restrictions are applicable to "Outlaw" division, correct?

Correct Bryan

Is Flite Control buck still a NO GO in the outlaw division?

Correct Bryan

Yes. Outlaw removes the divisional requirements only. The only reason is that we are going to be stressing the staff with an unfamiliar ruleset, so to make it easier on staff, I am going to stick with those other requirements. Stage design will be such that you won't want it anyway.

Correct Bryan

Yes. Outlaw removes the divisional requirements only. The only reason is that we are going to be stressing the staff with an unfamiliar ruleset, so to make it easier on staff, I am going to stick with those other requirements. Stage design will be such that you won't want it anyway.

Sounds good to me, See you there!