Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New TruBor

wblacksh

I just got back from the local range. Apparently they don't let you shoot reloaded ammo. I had a box of freedom munitions 9mm 124gr. I decided to try it and it cycled no problem. All 50 rounds. That freedom munitions stuff was a 126 power factor in my glock 17 when I shot production in the IPSC nationals in Frosproof last year.

I thought this gun wasn't supposed to cycle light loads like that? Should I be worried that it does? Or did I just get lucky?

Thanks.

It may run those loads just fine. Mine won't cycle even with a 7lb spring and magtech 130 fmj's, which are supposed to be some of the hottest factory 38 super. It may be that with the shorter 9mm case, its just enough to let it cycle.

Hey lakeland shooter!!! no way... I'm guessing shoot straight? Ya they don't allow hand loads. They know me pretty well and still won't let me. I go to tenoroc mine to shoot. I'll get my open gun back soon I have a chrono if u need. I could meet u out there some day. Pm me if u like.

Hey, yep, shoot straight. I normally go to tenoroc for "testing". I tried last Sunday but they said their pistol and rifle range will be closed for 3 months. I'm planning to try saddle creek this Saturday morn. I already bought a chrono.

Edited by wblacksh

Maybe your gun is just loose enough to run light loads. My Trubor would not cycle 132 PF loads when new, but after a few hundred rounds it loosened up and these days it cycles about anything.

A racker is a nice addition but many get by without one.

I "got by" without a racker for a few years - LOVE my

new racker ...

Used to leave each match with blood on my hands

from racking the TruBor and clearing malfunctions,

until I got the racker.

Well worth the few pesos. :cheers:

Can you post a picture of your slide racker.I want to get one for my Trubor.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I had to send my new 38 Super back to STI because the trigger was binding on the magazines. I just got it back on Friday and it's SWEET now! Even before the warranty work it was 100% with all the handloads (about 800 rounds).

Only downside is all the questions I have to answer at the range, folks are really curious about it.

IMG_0230.jpg

Woo Hoo! This thing is a blast. I am working on some reliability issues with the mags. I get about 2 or 3 malfunctions per match. I will be getting some Grams springs and followers tomorrow. I also got a bunch of tips on other things to try with the mags to make them run 100%.

With the load I ended up with the dot stays in the glass most of the time with my grip currently. This is only the second match with this gun for me. I am still trying to figure out at what range sighting the dot works best for me. I thought about just setting it up so that it shoots the same distance below the dot as the bore at 25 yards, but I am playing with it still. Currently it is zeroed at 25 yards.

I will have to come clean now.... I am addicted to shooting open now. :)

Anyways, here is a video of 3 stages from this past weekend.

Hi,

I got my Trubor 4 weeks ago which is in 38 super. How is you slide to frame to fit. I have recently noticed the wobble between my slide and frame. it's kind annoying. I shot Zero 125gr JHP with 8.0gr VV3N37, which makes 170 PF on my gun. Thanks.

Jason

Mine seems to be pretty tight. I can't really ice it side to side very much when the slide is forward. It is really smooth too. If I don't put grease on the rails, it is very difficult to move the slide. So far I have been using the slide glide lube from Brian Enos that came with my reloading press.