Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New TruBor

wblacksh

Look what I picked up today! Stock STI TruBor. This is my first real open gun. I went back and fourth on this and a more pricey custom gun. In the end this was the better option for me.

I plan to work up a good Major PF load, then re spring it and work a good minor load for steel so that I can shoot both.

Nothing fancy, I just wanted to share.

777d05c8ee9e65ffc4d99358e158d60d.jpg

1e6c6263f312b56271999f45f12ce391.jpg

Nice gun.

I have been saving up for an open gun myself, and the Trubor in certainly on the list. Like you I hoping to have one gun and switch part to run both major and minor loads. Let us know how she runs.

Congratulations!

A racker is a nice addition but many get by without one.

I "got by" without a racker for a few years - LOVE my

new racker ...

Used to leave each match with blood on my hands

from racking the TruBor and clearing malfunctions,

until I got the racker.

Well worth the few pesos. :cheers:

new racker ...

until I got the racker.

Yikes! You needed a gun that ran, more than you needed a racker Jack! :roflol:

new racker ...

until I got the racker.

Yikes! You needed a gun that ran, more than you needed a racker Jack! :roflol:

Took me a year to realize it was all one of my four mags

that Dawson Precision had "customized" for me. :surprise:

Fixed that mag - no more malfunctions. :cheers:

Wow so I can put my pen down and not mark the Trubor off my list!!!! :roflol::roflol:

I may have to "pinch it" for a while before I put a racker on mine (if I get it). What did you use Jack? Got any pictures?

Well yeah you should only be racking it at lamr and ulasc. If you're doing a lot of racking in between those points the solution is not a racker.... It's a gun that runs!! :)

Ps. Yes my open gun has a racker. Guilty. :(

Edited by BeerBaron

I've got one very similar to yours in 38s....you might find it a bit difficult to find an optimal minor load that will run it. In mine, I got all the way down to a 7lb recoil spring shooting factory ( Magtech FMJ 130) and it still wouldn't cycle properly. That comp is a beast at taming the gasses.

Shoot a lot of ammo fast. Almost too much fun to be legal!

This is true. I shot it last night, went through about 50 rounds in no time at all. This thing is awesome. Going back tonight with another 100 rounds just for fun. I can't wait for the next match. I got my holster yesterday also.

Hello: If the racker is in the correct spot it will not hit your thumb. The rackers that are bent back are better than the straight ones. The Shooters Connection one or the Brazos are the ones I like. No problem at all and can be installed on a Tru Bor even with a 90 degree mount. Thanks, Eric

Hello: If the racker is in the correct spot it will not hit your thumb. The rackers that are bent back are better than the straight ones. The Shooters Connection one or the Brazos are the ones I like. No problem at all and can be installed on a Tru Bor even with a 90 degree mount. Thanks, Eric

I have tried both of those, still hits my thumb. My strong hand is very high up on the gun, high enough that I push up on the grip safety

Wblacksh, here's a photo of a 10-shot group I just fired

today with my pretty much stock STI TruBor (9 mm

major) at 50 yards - my reloads of 6.5 gr WAC under

a 124 gr MG JHP.

Nice. I plan to do some testing like that hopefully this weekend. Previously I could put 10 shots in a 12 inch circle at 50 yards standing, with my M&P that had a Vortex razor red dot on it.

I haven't got to chrono my load yet, but 7.2gr of HS-6 under a 124gr xtreme bullet seemed to cycle the gun fine last night. I know it is low, but I will slowly work it up as I get a chance to chrono. The only range around me that will let me use my chrono is only open Saturday mornings. Some of the other ranges around me don't even let you shoot reloaded ammo :(

By the way, my actual name is Wayne.