Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

beat ong45 in Open

ErikW

Place Name              USPSA  Class Division     PF Lady For Age         Points   Stg %

1 Warren, Erik       A36569   A   Open        Major N   N              575.8362 100.00%

2 Ong, James         TY36874  M   Open        Major N   N              568.1040  98.66%

Woo-hoo! His gun puked so bad on the classifier, all I had to do was coast through the rest of the match with second places. But I threw two misses on the classifier. Then his pride got in the way and he spent 2/3 of a big stick on eight steel at 40 yards instead of running foward like I did after I missed my first three shots at one. Down to the wire at the last stage, and he smoked me by three or four seconds. But he threw two misses on the sideways upper A/B he drew to at the start. Game over.

The more I play this game, the more I think it's about who makes the least mistakes, or doesn't make big mistakes on the big-points stages.

Game over.

The more I play this game, the more I think it's about who makes the least mistakes, or doesn't make big mistakes on the big-points stages.

I think you are right..

Given the current field of big dogs and even us guys in our little playgrounds..

its the shooter that is consistently good, makes no or few mental errors and whose gun runs on game day..that will usually end up on top..

Place Name              USPSA  Class Division     PF Lady For Age         Points   Stg %

1 Warren, Erik       A36569   A   Open        Major N   N              575.8362 100.00%

2 Ong, James         TY36874  M   Open        Major N   N              568.1040  98.66%

Woo-hoo! His gun puked so bad on the classifier, all I had to do was coast through the rest of the match with second places. But I threw two misses on the classifier. Then his pride got in the way and he spent 2/3 of a big stick on eight steel at 40 yards instead of running foward like I did after I missed my first three shots at one. Down to the wire at the last stage, and he smoked me by three or four seconds. But he threw two misses on the sideways upper A/B he drew to at the start. Game over.

sad... :D

Your right. At the last open match I won 3 stages but my gun jammed (see thread in Gunsmithing) on 2 stages and on one of thoes I threw a mike. I lost the overall win by 6 points! That hurts, even with the jams it was that single miss that cost me the win.